By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Laptop Suggestions based on these requirements! HELP!

WOW....

THIS IS COOL AND NICE..

BRITISH EXPAT

EXPAT NETWORK

Around the Network

Here. I bought this one a few weeks ago and it seems to fit your needs. Oh and it's only $330.

This post was made in 2010, right?

Personally, I'd go with a Dell Studio XPS 16. I really like my dell.

Specs:

Software & Services

For $1500...I don't think you can go wrong with that. You have enough cash left over to upgrade the CPU or RAM if you need it.
*edit*
And why are people citing a review for a ThinkPad made in 2008!?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Dell XPS, I find they are the best bang for your buck, and with a budget of $2200 you are laughing.

http://configure.dell.com/dellstore/config.aspx?s_tnt=23689:1:0,&vw=builder&oc=nsx16cf_f_2e&c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1

Quad core 1.6
Windows 7
15.6" LCD (1920 x 1080)
6 GB DDR RAM at 1333 MHz
500GB HDD
1GB Radeon HD5730
BD drive combo that also burns DVD/CD's
Wireless N

Add in the 3 year PREMIUM service plan WITH Lojack and you are still only sitting at $2,046 (The premium plan is almost $600 alone)

Without the plan its $1,499 for the notebook

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

I think MrStickBall and I chose almost the same notebook, except mine has a slightly better screen

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

Around the Network

Dells are cheap for a reason. But whatever, do what you want.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:

Dells are cheap for a reason. But whatever, do what you want.

The fact they work great? I've had mine for 2 years and its been a fantastic laptop.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

do not get IBM thinkpad we use them at work. they are more trouble then they are worth. A dell would be alright.

I have a Dell too (studio 15) and it runs really great. I never had a problem with it (except on one time, but it was caused by a Windows update, many laptops had issues apparently). I've had it for over 6 months now and I really like it.

You should really go and check out Dell's website!

I recently took delivery of the T510 with the i7 processor Win 7 Pro (64) and it runs very fast and even has a respectable battery life of over 4 hours of slog which is not bad for a lump like this.

The additional bonus for me is that it also plays my favourite game of the moment TF2 in native res. I confess I did not buy it for its gaming prowess so this is a bonus. The only other game I played was Supreme Commander 2 again no issues.

The smaller T410 models are also good obviously a lot lighter with the i5 cores and longer battery life.

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.