By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Proof that kinect is fake (or at least this Forza e3 demo)

I wonder what would happen if Kinect REALLY does not at all like advertised. You know, like not recognizing your body correctly, not working correctly, heavy lag...

What would people do? Based on the hype, millions of people will buy it, even if it does not work, MS has it's money, and can show you all a big "F*ck you". Really, I would be interested in what would happen then.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Around the Network
Silver-Tiger said:

I wonder what would happen if Kinect REALLY does not at all like advertised. You know, like not recognizing your body correctly, not working correctly, heavy lag...

What would people do? Based on the hype, millions of people will buy it, even if it does not work, MS has it's money, and can show you all a big "F*ck you". Really, I would be interested in what would happen then.

People will still defend it

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

There was certainly some smoke and mirrors involved, but people definitely do live demos, it isn't all faked, though I am sure some of it is

M.U.G.E.N said:

lawl last year it was Milo this year..well several..MS conference credibility is going down by the year for me

I'm pretty sure MS has never been credible in your eyes...

well apparently their whole Kinect event was staged

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

lawl last year it was Milo this year..well several..MS conference credibility is going down by the year for me

I'm pretty sure MS has never been credible in your eyes...

lol yea so true :D cuz you 'know' me right? cuz i have been criticizing ms conferences back and forth in this forum 'insert rolling eyes image here'

take it anyway you want, but they have had way too many of these fake demo accusations with Kenct these two years...it doesn't do anything for their credibility

But then again I can pretend that I know you and say I'm sure no matter what they do they will be credible to you but nah i don't know you nor i care..so yeah I'm outta here :)

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
Silver-Tiger said:

People will still defend it

that's right, look at the RROD problem. i'm glad  i could use 2 times the 3 years warranty. if it happens again to me, i'm done with MS.

I think as far as the 360 version of it goes, the novelty will wear out very quickly.  I think the tech has room to grow in the future and can see it become a part of your daily life, replacing remotes for example...

That being said, I don't think it has the price point and a strong enough appeal to really entice casual gamers to take the plunge and buy a 360 AND Kinect AND full priced games for it when they can get a Wii for cheaper with already successful and recognized franchises.  I think the tech is neat, in concept, but I worry about its execution at this point in time.  The Launch line-up is not offering anything that feels entirely new,  Everything is Mii-too. 

We'll see what the future holds, but so far, I don't think it will have such a big impact.

When the Wii got out, casual AND hardcore gamers were in awe before its incredible potential.  Even if it did not fully live up to those expectations (except for the first party titles and a few other exceptions) the fact remains that the buzz was strong when it launched.

In the case of Kinect, the buzz is not nearly as strong, and it's in part due to MS basically saying: "Screw you, old time fans, we're going after an other market"  by offering no serious games for the core and hardcore gamers.  In fact, the only thing I can see that it offers for old time 360 users are the interface functionalities.  Those are good, yeah, but hardly worth its price tag.

To be more specific to the topic here while still taking what I've already said into consideration, the fact that they staged a lot of their stuff during their presentation, and how the reports from every gaming sites mention multiple problems with the device like lag, 2 players only for full body recognition gameplay (could still handle more for simpler game types), no sitting (even if they're supposed to fix that), along with what I mentioned earlier (lack of core experiences) is definitely hurting how I view the device at this point.  So, as far as I'm concerned, this device is certainly not trying to be sold to me, an avid gamer.

That guy needs to get a life.

Silver-Tiger said:

There is also the problem still that Kinect can't read dark colors very well.  But like MUGEN said, people will still defend it.  "Well, just wear light colors."  Can you imagine having to get dressed specifically to play games?  And what about black people and the whole head/hand tracking thing?  "Hey Micheal Jackson turned himself white, so no big problem."

That's why I'd go with Move or Wii.  Cause they aren't bigots. 

Edit:  Also, I'm glad the vid including the last part that completely proved it was faked.  Since people were coming up for excuses as to why the game wasn't moving with the guys hand on the first example.  There are no excuses for the second one.