By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIV (Official Thread)

I just traveled from Gridania to Ul'dah, and all I can say is WOW at the scenary. This desert looks more alive than Tahrongi Canyon (sp?) in FFXI. There are desert flowers everywhere and it just seems more alive than on FFXI.

As soon as I got to Ul'dah, I went to the Aethyrite (sp? lol) to make up for an easy teleport back to there. Then I enlisted in the Adventurer's Guild to do some battle levequests. I'll do some synthesizing ones later. The terrain seems a bit more easier to navigate than the maze that's The Black Shroud lol I'll get to Limsa Lominsa tomorrow or this weekend, or maybe after I'm doing doing some of these quests.

Around the Network

I have also found some interesting things on the game, especially in Limsa Lominsa!! Well, as I posted much earlier on this thread about some information someone found in the game's coding on FFXIVCore, there are two classes that are shown but they aren't available to us yet. Those are the Arcanist and Musketeer classes.

Also, has anyone gone through the Coerthas to see Ishgard yet? I would encourage anyone to do so. That city is MASSIVE from outside the gates, but the city is not accessable because SE is still working on that place.

I bought the game last week, am now lv22/16 conj in Gridania. Crafting levels are going up pretty fast. :)

Waiting for my 6850 crossfire cards to arrive. Upgrade time! :D

Playing on an integrated 4250 until then.. ugh.

poroporo said:

I bought the game last week, am now lv22/16 conj in Gridania. Crafting levels are going up pretty fast. :)

Waiting for my 6850 crossfire cards to arrive. Upgrade time! :D

Playing on an integrated 4250 until then.. ugh.

If you are having some performance problems, use this software:

http://www.gzero.com/gboost/home.html

The scenery looks great but zones are too big and most is just copy and paste. They need to shrink down to FFXI size zones and make many different ones. Then we would be in good shape.

Around the Network
Wagram said:

The scenery looks great but zones are too big and most is just copy and paste. They need to shrink down to FFXI size zones and make many different ones. Then we would be in good shape.

Being the kind that hates to travel without a choboco, I really abuse anima. I'm down to 20 points after two weeks....

poroporo said:
Wagram said:

Being the kind that hates to travel without a choboco, I really abuse anima. I'm down to 20 points after two weeks....

I try not to go below 80. But i'm at max again since I haven't logged in for about 2 weeks.

I just got my 6850s and I get Catalyst Control Center crashing the game as soon as I select my character.

$350 worth cards that can't do anything until I figure this one out.

I can't wait for this game, does anyone know if this will become Move Compatible? 

poroporo said:

I just got my 6850s and I get Catalyst Control Center crashing the game as soon as I select my character.

$350 worth cards that can't do anything until I figure this one out.

Update your card divers. Also make sure they are the right ones. It was doin that with my 5850.