By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIV (Official Thread)

Wagram said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Wagram said:
darthdevidem01 said:
Wagram said:
darthdevidem01 said:

The detail and everything is ASTOUNDING

Square-Enix strike gold again, this is inspirational work and true passion that I can see!

If I ever get into the business. I wish I was half as good as they are.

If I ever get into video gaming I would want to work for Square. I'd love to work with the FFX/FFXIII team on the FF series, hell any of the FF teams would do! (or with Kojima of course)

You see how crazy that lizards moving animation was? o.O

and that Goblin was insanely good looking. Model wise.

Model and design wise. Not to mention the huge water monster thingy (leviathan right)

In the first video its pretty cool they've done all the emotions in MO-CAP...that'll make them look very realistic.

I'm so tempted to just get this for PC when it comes out and not wait for the PS3 version!

Do so! So we can get on the same server.

DEfinetely!!

Hopefully we can be online at the same time (happened a few times with WKC)

So does S-E name the servers?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

NOOOOOOO

WE GET THE CRAPPY ONLY LOGO BOX ART IN UK!!!!!!!!!!

Argh the NA box art is so much better!

EDIT:

Wow collectors edition's ONLY £40

getting that then

BTW Wagram and anyone else who can help.

Will FFXIV REQUIRE the usage of RIGHT CLICKS? 

BEcause when I play with my scroll pad (on my mac) in windows 7 mode the right click function (I need to click on the scroll pad with two fingers at once) ISn't DETECTED properly.

I mean I do have a bluetooth mouse, but I like playing while lying down, so the scroll pad is convenient, if not I will play sitting up and with a mouse just for FFXIV

So will FFXIV require the usage of "Right Clicking"?

darthdevidem01 said:

BEcause when I play with my scroll pad (on my mac) in windows 7 mode the right click function (I need to click on the scroll pad with two fingers at once) ISn't DETECTED properly.

I mean I do have a bluetooth mouse, but I like playing while lying down, so the scroll pad is convenient, if not I will play sitting up and with a mouse just for FFXIV

Final Fantasy XIV just as XI was. Is mainly a game based for consoles. So a Game Pad is the best way to play. and you can use they keyboard only to play as well. It's not a point and click type of game.

Wagram said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Final Fantasy XIV just as XI was. Is mainly a game based for consoles. So a Game Pad is the best way to play. and you can use they keyboard only to play as well. It's not a point and click type of game.

WIl the PS3 game pad work?

Around the Network

I cant believe that for a while I was considering not playing this game.  I was having a hard time deciding if I wanted to get dcuo since its coming out for the ps3 this fall, or just wait for ffxiv.  Ive decided that even if ffxiv was coming out in 2012 and I had to choose one, itd be ffxiv.  Everything about this game just seems too good, and there arent very many final fantasy games I havent played.  Now I have an even tougher question if thats possible, which is should I wait for the ps3 version or just pony up for the pc version and buy the ps3 version when it comes out?  Either way when the ps3 version comes out ill be startin up a new character at least, because I dont wanna miss out on any trophies unless those are retroactive, but im just not that into pc gaming, I loved ffxi because I was able to play it on my ps2.  Nothin against pc gaming and gamers, but I bought a brand new pc just to play a nice back catalog of pc games and still find myself runnin back to my consoles for some reason.  I dont really have the ability to hook my pc up to a bigger screen and sit on my couch, at least not for another year when I relocate.  what to do, what to do... 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE  PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Actually I will say this, if I can use a ps3 controller to play this game on my pc, count me in.

qmoney88 said:

Actually I will say this, if I can use a ps3 controller to play this game on my pc, count me in.

Did some research and look what I found

http://www.d3scene.com/forum/playstation-forum/15271-using-gamepad-ps3-controller-any-pc-game.html

In theory we can use a PS3 controller for any PC game.

Ha thanks darth, I was going to do some research myself but you were too lightning quick lol.  That is great news, looks like I will be picking up the pc version then and just get the ps3 version when it hits next year, that way I dont miss anything.  I love startin mmorpgs right from the gate, bugs and all.  Wow now im pumped all of a sudden, the pc release is so soon I wasnt prepared for this lol.

Yes you can use a PS3 controller with your PC. I'm using mine for XI at this very moment. But if you are a Windows 7 64 bit user. You have to go an extra step to get them to work.