By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy XIV (Official Thread)

Severance said:

if its Final Fantasy i am there.

all FF games have special place in my collection =]

Lol. Same here. :D

Around the Network
r505Matt said:

I was really looking forward to this, but I'm losing interest FAST. I need more details on the combat and "leveling"  and skill systems (like exact details?) to renew interest. If they don't release anything concrete soon (enough of the "anecdotes"), it will be off my radar. Also, if it suffers from what I call "FFXI syndrome" (requires group play at a point to progress), then it's a definite pass for me.

FFXIV was designed to be soloable this time. Partying is an option. You will get higher rewards if you party. But it is not needed this time.

they already mentioned a couple of times that FFXIV was made as both a single player game and an online game so you wont need friends for it, but you will get bonus stuff if you do.

edit: beaten to it

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Severance said:

they already mentioned a couple of times that FFXIV was made as both a single player game and an online game so you wont need friends for it, but you will get bonus stuff if you do.

I'll most likely be partying with friends for Guildleves though. I want a higher sense of challenge and I want to reap the greater rewards! :D

That's good to know! So it's not a definite pass. I must have missed that before. I was checking Eorzeapedia for a while before, but info was pretty slow so I kind of gave up. Any word on a release quarter at least?

And I'm just curious about this, why are you trying to enforce the NDA so much? I don't think there's anything wrong with doing that, but I'm just wondering as to why.

Around the Network
r505Matt said:

That's good to know! So it's not a definite pass. I must have missed that before. I was checking Eorzeapedia for a while before, but info was pretty slow so I kind of gave up. Any word on a release quarter at least?

And I'm just curious about this, why are you trying to enforce the NDA so much? I don't think there's anything wrong with doing that, but I'm just wondering as to why.

Mainly because I respect Square-Enix as a company. And I don't see the need to spoil the entire game before it comes out.

and the game is still planned for 2010. So my guess is as good as anyones. But my money is on a Late October to Early Dec release.

Hyur-Midlander-Mainly Archer with combination of Blacksmith and Miner-Gridania.

day 1 buy for me on PS3, Brutalyst (both here and on PSN) :)

I might need to make some PSN friends for when this comes out >.>

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

Brutalyst said:

day 1 buy for me on PS3, Brutalyst (both here and on PSN) :)

I might need to make some PSN friends for when this comes out >.>

:D

Just started playing Dark Cloud. It's alright so far. Nothing special though :/