By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Germany, the worst team of group D, qualifies for the next round

Classic match next round... but germany will win...

No way a team with no goalkeeper is going to advance far in the world cup, sorry England

Around the Network

I wonder what people in this forum are smoking?

... seriously I want some of that !!

ps. Germany beat Australia 4_0, so how does that work out ?

Don't be sad, Rol. Germany most probably won't win this World Cup.

I for one am glad that Germany, USA and Ghana made it to next round - all three teams deserved it - and that Serbia is out.

Hey, how about that: In order to raise their chances to qualify for EURO 2012, Austria can still naturalize Mozart
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozart_Santos_Batista_Júnior

England are still going to lose. Luckily I don't watch football, but the rest of my entire nation does and I can't help but hear about it.

Let's face it...whichever team wants it more on the day will probably get it. Rank almost doesn't matter anymore.

Around the Network

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/standings/index.html

Go to group D.

That logic is just brilliant.

1) Germany defeated Australia and Ghana. That means Germany is a better team than both Ghana and Australia.

2) Australia won against Serbia. Logically, since Germany defeated Australia, that automatically makes Germany a better team than Serbia

3) Serbia won against Germany. Similarly to the point above, we have already established that Germany is better than Serbia, so whoever loses against Serbia loses against Germany as well.

This makes Germany the worst team of group D, while the best team of group D is of course Germany. Illogical bastards!

You're just bitter because Australia is faring poorly in the world cup!

Tease.

RolStoppable said:

There is no justice in the world and especially not when it comes to football. Just a few minutes ago Germany qualified for the next round of the World Cup in South Africa where they are going to play versus England. As usual, the Germans needed a lot of their infamous luck to get past the group phase. Here are the facts:

1) Serbia defeated Germany. That means Serbia is a better team than Germany.

2) Australia won against Serbia. Logically, since Serbia defeated Germany, that automatically makes Australia a better team than Germany by winning against Serbia.

3) Ghana won against Serbia. Similarly to the point above, we have already established that Serbia is better than Germany, so whoever beats Serbia is better than Germany as well.

This makes Germany the worst team of group D, but that didn't prevent them from getting past the first round of this tournament. Lucky bastards!

It doesn't work like that, sorry. :P

Germs suck, they will be out soon though the english suck much more.

To bad we cant get a Brasil vs Argentina final.