By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo 3DS December UK Release Date (rumour)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=252870

Nintendo has pushed back its planned 3DS UK release date until early December, CVG has been told by a high-ranking source close to UK retail.

According to our informant, marketing for the device will still kick in towards the end of October, but the handheld won't arrive in stores until just before Christmas - and with LIMITED STOCK.

LIMITED STOCK - HERE WE GO

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

and so it begins...

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

UK can't get it before Jpan and America but if you think about it, Europe DS sales surpasses the sales of all regions.

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Christian973 said:

UK can't get it before Jpan and America but if you think about it, Europe DS sales surpasses the sales of all regions.

I thought that too, but look at vgchartz article about predictions, and specifically the mention that the DS has had discounting in EVERY market except the US, and you start to wonder.

Regardless, WORLDWIDE RELEASE DATE, DO IT NINTENDO.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Cue the millions of threads about how Nintendo is purposefully creating shortages to increase demand

Around the Network

Well if its coming in December for the UK then I expect a November launch in Japan and America. Can't wait!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

I really hope this means Australians will be getting it around the same time. T_T I don't want to be one of the last to get it and see everybody else on the site dancing around celebrating with their new 3DS. 

XD Then again, I could just get my DS and pretend that it's a 3DS... yes, genius plan...  Mwahahaahahahaha. 

(eye twitch)... 

I'm hoping for a March release though.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Nintendogamer said:

Why on Earth do you want to wait until March when we can get some 3DS goodness for Christmas?

Every UK gamer that wants one should be discouraging people to buy a DS and DSi from here on. With piracy hurting DS software in Europe more than any other region we might just get it first.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Nintendogamer said:

Are you out of your mind? Why would you want to wait a full year to play Kid Icarus or Resident Evil?

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909