By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Level 5 announced console version of Ninokuni on PS3

can anyone inform me what this is all about i never have heard about it before, but after watching the video im interested??

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network

I don't understand what's so special about this game?

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Sherlock99 said:

its a PS Move game thats actually seems to be good.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

It is beautiful alright. I just want it to be fun and somehow challenging and I'm totally in.

never mind i dug up details about it now, it sounds awesome it has convinced me now, for others wondering what it is all about http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Another_World

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network
Sherlock99 said:

It uses art style of Studio Ghibli and Miyazaki movies.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Great art style.

Who's the best Pac, Nas, and Big. Just leave it to that.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Slaughterhouse Is The Sh*t  .... NOW ........ B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Super duper Hype Train, all on board

Zlejedi said:
jarrod said:
andremop said:
okr said:
andremop said:

Incredibly, I think this version has a better chance of being released in the west than the DS version... because the 3DS. They're not going to go through all the trouble of translating a huge game for an old system...

What if they decide that Ninokuni will not be released on DS anymore but turned into a 3DS game instead? Just an idea I had when the 3DS lineup was shown at E3. I think Ninokuni would be a great addition to the early 3DS lineup and a new system would be perfect to start this new franchise which has a huge sales potential in Japan (as well as a good one in EU/NA imo).

I don't think so. This is a guaranteed 2 million seller (maybe more!) on the DS in japan. It'll do no good to port an almost complete game (the biggest ever for DS too) to sell less than that on 3DS. It's going to be expensive and it's going to sell less, so it's a loss loss situation.

And they won't port it for 3DS for west release too, since it's going to sell preety low there.

I'm not a fan of waiting for games for years but with this one we'll be lucky if it's fan-translated in the nezt 5 years (mother 3 took about that!), since it's a miracle now for me for it to be released here.

I dunno, if L5 was really so worried about absolute userbase, there wouldn't even be a PS3 version.  I wouldn't rule out it being ported or even moved to 3DS entirely (like Layton 5)... and I have no doubt 3DS will itself have a userbase to support 2m-plus sellers in pretty short order.

3DS will have BC so ever releasing it as DS version isn't that big problem.

And PS3 is best choice - it sells good amount of software in Japan, it is console that attacts movie lovers, and from what i'm seeing on the various anime boards there's plenty of ps3 owners there. So certainly optimal choice for this game.

Well no, the optimal choice of platform for Ninokuni is the one that's getting it and getting priority; DS.  I do think a strong argument can be made for PS3 as a secondary/support platform though, and it ways it makes more sense than more popular systems like Wii and PSP (less demographic crossover with DS, wider gulf in hardware capability from DS, zero piracy, etc).

If there were no DS version however, and Ninokuni were headed to just one platform, either PSP or Wii would make far, far better choices than PS3 (2x to 3x larger userbases, much wider demographics, much better track record selling "mainstream" games, etc).

Wow what a nice game