By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Level 5 announced console version of Ninokuni on PS3

edit: nvm just saw the other thread YAY :P

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
andremop said:

Incredibly, I think this version has a better chance of being released in the west than the DS version... because the 3DS. They're not going to go through all the trouble of translating a huge game for an old system...

What if they decide that Ninokuni will not be released on DS anymore but turned into a 3DS game instead? Just an idea I had when the 3DS lineup was shown at E3. I think Ninokuni would be a great addition to the early 3DS lineup and a new system would be perfect to start this new franchise which has a huge sales potential in Japan (as well as a good one in EU/NA imo).

Wenlan, I love youuuu  :)

This was already on my top 3 list...  but now with Ghibli movies on a big screen...  oh man...  this is going to be incredible !

I love the studios films - so very much looking forward to this.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

okr said:
andremop said:

Incredibly, I think this version has a better chance of being released in the west than the DS version... because the 3DS. They're not going to go through all the trouble of translating a huge game for an old system...

What if they decide that Ninokuni will not be released on DS anymore but turned into a 3DS game instead? Just an idea I had when the 3DS lineup was shown at E3. I think Ninokuni would be a great addition to the early 3DS lineup and a new system would be perfect to start this new franchise which has a huge sales potential in Japan (as well as a good one in EU/NA imo).

I don't think so. This is a guaranteed 2 million seller (maybe more!) on the DS in japan. It'll do no good to port an almost complete game (the biggest ever for DS too) to sell less than that on 3DS. It's going to be expensive and it's going to sell less, so it's a loss loss situation.

And they won't port it for 3DS for west release too, since it's going to sell preety low there.

I'm not a fan of waiting for games for years but with this one we'll be lucky if it's fan-translated in the nezt 5 years (mother 3 took about that!), since it's a miracle now for me for it to be released here.

Around the Network

andre, isn't there a pretty good chance Level 5 USA will translate both versions?  It seems like Level 5 actually realizes what a big deal this game is (whether or not they realize it's a big deal in the US remains to be seen, I guess).

ehh, can somebody explain me why this is a big game? i never heard of the game nor the "famous" Studio Ghibli.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

ignorance doesnt mean they arent big, both the game and the studio are popular.

Silver-Tiger said:

ehh, can somebody explain me why this is a big game? i never heard of the game nor the "famous" Studio Ghibli.

You should really start watching their work, they are pieces of cinematic art, nothing less

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Alic0004 said:

andre, isn't there a pretty good chance Level 5 USA will translate both versions?  It seems like Level 5 actually realizes what a big deal this game is (whether or not they realize it's a big deal in the US remains to be seen, I guess).

They would translate it in normal conditions. It's their most ambitious game, so I guess they would want to make it international.

But this game is probably a year away in japan - so two years or so away for the west market (based on DQIX). This is not exactly "normal conditions" for the DS market since by that time the 3DS will completely overshadow the DS in the west - and sales will suffer bad, I don't think they'll compesate the huge efforts and costs of localizing a game that big. That's why I don't think it's very likely a release.

They'll probaby use the PS3 version to "internationalize" the franchise instead. But even then, if it gets released in the next 2 years, lol... because going by the DS version, this can be also a game released next to PS4 launch.