By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata on piracy control for the 3DS

kitler53 said:
V-r0cK said:

"I think that Nintendo’s ability to create an offline experience that feels incredibly unique and compelling is a particular strength that we have."

I agree.  Im tired of people thinking online function is a required feature to help better a game's sucess.  I love Nintendo for the sole fact that they literally know how to bring people together. 

i have nothing but love for the local multiplayer but technology is changing they way in people interact.  my friends are no longer confined to my neighborhood, it's open to the entire world.  video games, at least for me, is an amazing way to maintain those friendships that otherwise probably would have been lost.

NSMB wii should have had online imo, without it i was unable to enjoy the game because just by my self the game wasn't fun.  i have my grips with psn for sure but nintendo needs to give more resources to a unified online system in order for me to care about playing their games because that's the only way for me to play with a lot of my friends.

I completely understand how you feel and agree with your points as well.  Online gaming feature works both ways with its pros and cons.  So i guess for Nintendo it is their preference to make games to have people together in the same room to share a bond of sort, they think of family gatherings, and if you see many of Nintendo's commercials its always a group of locals.  Agreed that technology is changing but is it really changing for the better just because majority is now acustomed to it or is more convenient? 

I have local friends and brothers and due to online feature they prefer to not leave their own houses for the simple reason that it's more convenient, rather then we all meet up at one house and interact personally.  Where's the bonding in that?  There's no more "hey lets meet up on friday"..its now "hey ill see you on PSN friday"

My friend (who's a girl and is my gf's sister), her boyfriend never wants to play offline games with her because he enjoys online.  As well he hates split screens and if my friend wants to join she'd probably have to buy her own TV and Xbox360 and game just to play with her boyfriend.  (Not to mention she caught her boyfriend flirting with other girls online).  She gets sad at times so you know how I help cheer her up, we end up playing 4 players NSMB Wii, LBP, Mario Kart, Wii Sports cause sometimes in the end of it all, people want that connection to personally interact.

But again i understand your situation and having online can be 'convenient' but at times it doesnt seems its always best for every situation and can sometimes feel more distant.  (Of course if you live distant away from your family and friends then its perfect lol)

Around the Network

Nikkom's post is the post of the year!! LOOOOOOOOOL

PATRIOT7ME said:
NiKKoM said:

They killed it with the 3DS... Duh... you know.. you can't see things in 3D with an eye-patch on.....

Most people have two eye genius

LOL, not sure what's more hilarious here :D

Farmageddon said:
PATRIOT7ME said:
NiKKoM said:

They killed it with the 3DS... Duh... you know.. you can't see things in 3D with an eye-patch on.....

It's a tie

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

novasonic said:
Farmageddon said:
PATRIOT7ME said:
NiKKoM said:

It's a tie

No, It's an eye patch, genius.

Around the Network

Someone here is a little bit on the slow side... That was funny NiKKoM! XD

Im not entirely sure how a new firmware updated would stop existing pirates? I love the HBC (i buy all my games mind you), it offers features and mdeia support that Nintendo themselves dont, but assuming i was a pirate, all i would have to do is NOT update. This might help with NEW wiis sold, but there are already 70million out there, and god knows how many are pirates.

pariz said:
novasonic said:
Farmageddon said:
PATRIOT7ME said:
NiKKoM said:

It's a tie

Touche, sir.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

novasonic said:
pariz said:
novasonic said:
Farmageddon said:
PATRIOT7ME said:
NiKKoM said:

It's a tie

Touche, sir.

lol

Voltaire said:

Im not entirely sure how a new firmware updated would stop existing pirates? I love the HBC (i buy all my games mind you), it offers features and mdeia support that Nintendo themselves dont, but assuming i was a pirate, all i would have to do is NOT update. This might help with NEW wiis sold, but there are already 70million out there, and god knows how many are pirates.

The more barriers you put up to piracy, even little easy to over come barriers, the fewer people are willing to go through the hassles involved.