By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Who here is pumped about Kinect and eager to get it?

did you look at the e3 demo of your your shape gojimaster? If not than watch, and you will understand. It is impressive because it can see your body in 3d and give you feed back on it. I'm not too interested in your shape to be honest, but it seems like something my gf may like.

Around the Network
FF_Fanatic said:

come on it's your responsibility to defend the purchase of your choice, get in here $140 price tag just confirmed on ms own online store

No it's not and the sooner a large number of "gamers" on this site learn that, the better this place will be.

Until Microsoft publically state the $149 price then it isn't confirmed either.

The more i see of kinect the less excited i become, especially with the recent reveal of the price tag. 

Kinect! who needs video games!

slowmo said:
FF_Fanatic said:

come on it's your responsibility to defend the purchase of your choice, get in here $140 price tag just confirmed on ms own online store

No it's not and the sooner a large number of "gamers" on this site learn that, the better this place will be.

I think that the online store thing pretty much confirms that price, unless that side of the department didn't get the memo lol

Kinect! who needs video games!

I'm excited for Kinect. The navigation of the Xbox 360 is a big plus and the games look fun for the whole family. Most likely will be getting the following games with it:

Kinect Sports, Kinect Adventures, Kinectimals.

Also looking forward to Child of Eden and possibly Your Shape: Fitness Evolved or EA Sports Active 2.0

I have a gut feeling current listed prices are inaccurate in that Kinect will probably come with a pack-in game (most like Kinect Sports) for $150.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

Around the Network

I am not very interested in Kinect myself but my mom, brother and my girlfriend all demand that I buy each one of them an X360 with Kinect.

The $140 was a made up joke by Sony fans to take the piss. It will not be anywhere near $140, probably half that.

Slimebeast said:

I am not very interested in Kinect myself but my mom, brother and my girlfriend all demand that I buy each one of them an X360 with Kinect.

lol =)

My whole family is excited to get Kinect.  Even at $150.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

calvinandhobbes said:
slowmo said:
FF_Fanatic said:

I think that the online store thing pretty much confirms that price, unless that side of the department didn't get the memo lol

Can I just ask a hypothetical question?  If everyone is convinced that the price is $149 and Microsoft announced a price of say $99 at a later date, what sort of impact would that have in the gaming press?  My expectation is the impact would be huge and garner a lot more attention.

The above is the reason I'm waiting for an official announcement.  We accuse all companies of viral marketing often enough these days yet say it's impossible this could be just that, I find that rather silly imo.