By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Posting from Circuit @ 6AM....WII LINES Ugh...

It begins again...a normal store might receive 30-40 Wiis per shipment for an ad feature (which occurs on average every two to three weeks). We're a Micro Store, so we've been allotted a mere 10 consoles for this Wii-Launch. I arrive at 6AM to open the doors for an inbound truck and there are already five seperate parties in line! We'll probably have one more shipment before Christmas, but so far we're not really seeing an increase in supply for the Holidays at my location. Time to break out the vouchers...again...I'm new to studying sales data, so I'm in need of some input. Has there ever been a console that required waiting in line to get for two Holiday Seasons? People called me crazy for waiting in line at Wal-Mart on launch day...most of those people will be waiting in line this year! Heh... I got a call from my ex-fiance's mother about how early she needs to get here to find one. I haven't talked to her in over a year! She's buying it for her husband for Christmas. He's 48. Crazy.

Around the Network

It's the power of the Wii.

lol at ur Ex-fiancee's mom, that's funny.

wiis a phenomenom

Your ex-fiance's mother is pathetic. Glad I picked up mine 4 days prior to the EU launch day, and I'm glad that the Wii is freely available even now in Greece.

WII rulez Couldn't hold myself in .

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Around the Network

I was just out and about early this morning and I passed my local Best Buy with 50+ people waiting in line for 75 Wiis that the Best Buy will be receiving. Crazy. The store opens at 10 am.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

---Post edited by MontanaHatchet 

mM
leo-j said:
I dunno what people see in the wii..
Because most people wanted to like computer gaming etc but simply were scared off by complex interfaces, or simply unable to use them.  In addition for the  first time ever my 10 and 8 year old neices can actually beat me in a game(this has -never- happened prior to wii sports, even when it's their game and I'm only playing it for the first time..) simply put the controllers an equalizer of sorts.  People can have fun with it without being afraid that they won't understand how, a lot of people are shy to admit when they can't figure something out.   I guess there'd be other reasons but I just rattled off a few for you. 

leo-j said:

Fun? 

leo-j said:

I couldn't get what people saw in PS3 until I got one. Get (and I don't mean necessarily buy one) a Wii for a month, play its best games, and then call a verdict.