By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - One more arrives late to the 3rd Party 3DS Party

Huh, i was saying just the other day how i would like an opportunity to play Disgaea

I always wondered why Nippon Ichi didn't at least do some DS work in their day.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:

Huh, i was saying just the other day how i would like an opportunity to play Disgaea

http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/game/24244/disgaea-ds/

Disgaea DS

RolStoppable said:
Mr Khan said:

Do not buy Disgaea. Do not even bother to play it.

You've played Fire Emblem, so your standards for SRPGs are way too high even if you are not aware of that.

A great mistake I made.  Played too many Fire Emblem games before playing Disgaea DS.   Probably not the best Disgaea game to start off with, but it sure did suck.  I couldn't bring myself to invest the hours into playing it.

Why the hell is Disgaea games so popular? 

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

I really like Disgaea. It's one of the few game series that can genuinely make me laugh, and the gameplay is solid.

I never was a Fire Emblem fan though. I've played only one of them (one of the GBA titles) and it seemed like all the strategy revolved around keeping all of your members alive rather than completing a difficult level. I much prefer Advance Wars.

Different strokes, I guess.

Joelcool7 said:
IxisNaugus said:

I almost wan't to believe that they're going to develop a game that isn't exclusive to PlayStation consoles.

I never bought any of their PSP games so I don't see myself buying their 3DS games. But a Sony exclusive developer going 3DS is really good news to me!

They are not a Sony exclusive company. They've developed/Published games on the DS and the Wii:

DS games:

A Witch's Tale
Atelier Annie: Alchemists of Sera Island
Disgaea DS
Puchi Puchi Virus
The Conveni DS Otona no Keieiryoku Training
Witch Tale

Wii games:

Phantom Brave: We Meet Again
Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love

Yet, they do support Sony systems with more games.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba