By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sadly, I think the new Goldeneye remake is going to disappoint.

I am one of the legions of gamers who was once obsessed and totally captured by Goldeneye 64. It was not only a great game, but more importantly, the best shooter in the market at that time. The thing that made it so good was truly, there was nothing like it when it was made. It had the best controls and the best visuals...

But a new Goldeneye in this new generation, where games like Call of Duty and Halo already exist, placed in an inferior console incapable of rendering high definition graphics... doesn't sound too good. Goldeneye Wii will have to compete against a whole lot of established shooters without the technology to keep up, in a genre that has come to demand outstanding visuals.

Maybe they should've waited for another console generation... I am saddened that perhaps one of my most loved games of all time might be ignored because of a lack of power in the console it's in.

Around the Network

I'm a little worried about 007 as well,but, we'll see when it releases.

bugrimmar said:

I am one of the legions of gamers who was once obsessed and totally captured by Goldeneye 64. It was not only a great game, but more importantly, the best shooter in the market at that time. The thing that made it so good was truly, there was nothing like it when it was made. It had the best controls and the best visuals...

But a new Goldeneye in this new generation, where games like Call of Duty and Halo already exist, placed in an inferior console incapable of rendering high definition graphics... doesn't sound too good. Goldeneye Wii will have to compete against a whole lot of established shooters without the technology to keep up, in a genre that has come to demand outstanding visuals.

Maybe they should've waited for another console generation... I am saddened that perhaps one of my most loved games of all time might be ignored because of a lack of power in the console it's in.

Let's just wait and see. Why do you always have to be so negative about things. If I buy a game,I'm not going to worry about it being ignored,as long as I enjoy it.

I hope not. I hope it delivers. This was a great game in the N64 days. I'm expecting the same today. I just hope the multiplayer is gonna stay the same. I just loved it, I hope they don't ruin it

Inferior console? No, I mean its not on the PS3 which makes it instantly better than 1/3rd of the games out there, so before it starts its almost average!I mean I was gonna buy Portal 2 first day, but the mere fact it was on the PS3 means that I cannot even consider it!

Im just kidding btw.

Anyway its just a nostalgia game. It'll disapoint either way, but the key thing is whether it can satisfy the old time gamers who played it on the N64.

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:

Inferior console? No, I mean its not on the PS3 which makes it instantly better than 1/3rd of the games out there, so before it starts its almost average!I mean I was gonna buy Portal 2 first day, but the mere fact it was on the PS3 means that I cannot even consider it!

Im just kidding btw.

Anyway its just a nostalgia game. It'll disapoint either way, but the key thing is whether it can satisfy the old time gamers who played it on the N64.

Is this remake going to be a digital download,are a retail release? I want it just because I never played the orginal. lol

oldschoolfool said:
Squilliam said:

Im just kidding btw.

Is this remake going to be a digital download,are a retail release? I want it just because I never played the orginal. lol

Retail from what I heard at E3.

Tease.

Imho it might be best selling shooter on Wii.

It's big name and well known ip  and competition is at most average.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Squilliam said:
oldschoolfool said:
Squilliam said:

Im just kidding btw.

Retail from what I heard at E3.

Thanks for the reply captain kirk. lol

It's not going to be as good as the original.