By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sadly, I think the new Goldeneye remake is going to disappoint.

Wagram said:

It's not going to be as good as the original.

someone embed a video of the original. yeah.

Around the Network

I've read a couple of hands on previews now, and they seem to be cautiously optimistic in tone, so that's somewhat promising.

VGChartz

I agree. Making it wii exclusive was a horrible idea. Shooters sell way better on 360 and PS3 so I really have no clue why its wii exclusive. Nintendo must have either had some kind of rights to the game or they paid big bucks.

lol better on a HD console because of gfx. Please, how lame is that.

The game will purely suck because Activision will want to cash in on it. If a Wii game is done right it can be a wonderful experience. 

It must contain that dancing glitch... or else!

But seriously, I don't have feelings for this (or the original) game so I don't care.

I'm just glad this is activision and not a time consuming project for nintendo's first party.

Around the Network
bugrimmar said:

I am one of the legions of gamers who was once obsessed and totally captured by Goldeneye 64. It was not only a great game, but more importantly, the best shooter in the market at that time. The thing that made it so good was truly, there was nothing like it when it was made. It had the best controls and the best visuals...

But a new Goldeneye in this new generation, where games like Call of Duty and Halo already exist, placed in an inferior console incapable of rendering high definition graphics... doesn't sound too good. Goldeneye Wii will have to compete against a whole lot of established shooters without the technology to keep up, in a genre that has come to demand outstanding visuals.

Maybe they should've waited for another console generation... I am saddened that perhaps one of my most loved games of all time might be ignored because of a lack of power in the console it's in.

I actually doubt it'll be more of a graphics issue than the gameplay; people prefer CoD's multiplayer nowadays because of the RPG aspects of its gameplay. Classic GoldenEye wouldn't stand a chance in multiplayer today.

The BuShA owns all!

its already crap because of Activision.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

i was really surprised that the only thing you really talked about was visuals. There are so many other things that it can dissapoint at, but I guess we will just have to wait and see.

I started making videos for youtube; check them out.

Contra (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_OdnbGgupM

Super C (No Deaths): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHoJrHWATgU

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Mike Tyson TKO): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4L7oDV79aw

Systems owned: Atari 2600, NES(3), Top loader NES, Yobo NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Sega Gamegear, Sega Nomad, Sega Saturn, Nintendo 64, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Wii, PS3 (slim 120 GB), Wii U

You should congratulate me. I destroyed the vile red falcon and saved the universe. I consider myself a hero.

This game will completely kick ass. It's going to be the best and most popular shooter on Wii.

Well it's going against Conduit 2 and Call Of Duty: Black Ops.I hope it does good but I'm not holding my breathe.

I don't know why, but looking at the trailer, I got too much of a Quantum of Solace vibe from it. 0.o