By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MS Motion Control - No Sitting Allowed?!?

I never thought of this and it's interesting that no one will give a definite response to the question.  I can't imagine this being true by the time Kinect officially launches but if it IS true, then they should be letting people know.  I would hate Wii motion control gaming if I had to stand up the whole gaming time.

http://kotaku.com/5565777/xbox-kinect-does-not-play-well-with-couch-potatoes

No hating happening.  Just sharing the article and looking forward to other people's thoughts about this.

And I just found these funny so I thought I'd add them from this page…

http://techspotlight.net/interesting-things/sony-and-microsofts-motion-controls-what-they-cant-do

Consoles owned: NES, N64, PS1, GC, PS2, Wii.

Currently playing...

Around the Network

Trolling but Made me laugh.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Hrm, the famous demo of theirs showing the video lead the "player," and now this. I really have hopes for this, as I too want to wave my hands around to control a movie and other functions. Though as long as it does not overheat and die MS fans will be happy and buy it.

Sig? SIG?!

Attoyou said:

Trolling but Made me laugh.

Glad you got the laugh.  I did.  But not trolling.  Just always reading game articles and saw this and realized that no demo was shown with people sitting yet the video MS had out long ago showed everyone sitting, except when that girls dad jumped up to replace the tire on that one game demo.  Then that same video showed the kid scanning in his skateboard, but nothing like that shown now.  And showing the two adults snuggled on the couch together scrolling through movies to watch, but this guy not being allowed to sit and do that.  And he said the thing was picking up other people's voices too.  Don't see how this can be prevented but if it can recognize individual voices too then that's awesome as well.

I said before that the voice features alone would be a great technological achievement.  The thing looks cool and I can't imagine where it will go in the future.  But there was a lot of AWESOME stuff shown for this in the past but none of it is coming up now.  Why not?  How far down the road before you can scan in your personal stuff?  

I can't wait to see it if one of my friends buys it.  And as far as the star wars demo, I only saw the video on the internet during the press conference.  The conference I saw didn't show someone standing in front of a screen demoing anything star wars related.  Where did that come from?

My favorite of the 3 pics is the log one for sure.  That made me lol.

Currently playing...

lol i remmember the old natal things, its when i had hope for the thing.

what happened to scanning your stuff into games? the workout thing had a horrible blurry red blob as you =

Around the Network
usrevenge said:

lol i remmember the old natal things, its when i had hope for the thing.

what happened to scanning your stuff into games? the workout thing had a horrible blurry red blob as you =

I saw that blob and thought "holy crap, it's ME!". lol

Currently playing...

No sitting allowed???

It sounds Like the Nintendo Balance Board, and we know how that turned out.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

The log one made me laugh my ass off!!!

Even though these pictures will anger some people and may not be true it is still hilarious

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

We've already discussed this quite extensively over in the Microsoft forum:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=111700&page=1&str=986532418#

pure funny stuff:P:P