By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Final Fantasy Versus XIII Hype Thread (With lots of info!)

Guys what can you tell me about the battle system in this game, is it like the FF XII or WKC battle system, or more action oriented?

Around the Network

^^

I believe it will be more like KH but no one can tell for sure.

I just found an interesting information about Noctis

- Versus 13 main character is unlike Cloud nor Squall as people are expecting. Everyone's impression on him will greatly change once they hear him speak. Many people may not like him

I guess that explain the bad posture he got( which people hate so much ), it meant to be .. now that sounds really interesting.

oh wait... can it be true? ... I mean that rumor about him being gay!!!

EDIT:

-Nomura: The Versus protagonist is not a character with a Squall-like or Cloud-like personality like everyone is thinking now. He is a type that has not been seen in the generations of the series yet. For a long time now, I have wanted to try making a character like him, but I hesitated because he is a type of character that might fall close to “out of bounds.”

Nomura: Yes. (Haha) There are probably people who dislike his type. Usually, protagonists do not have strong personalities to avoid having the personality interfere with the player’s empathy, and so very distinctive characters are relegated to side-roles, but not this time. He has a bit of an overabundance of p idiosyncrasy. I think that when he speaks, the impression of him will change considerably.

maxxpower said:

Guys what can you tell me about the battle system in this game, is it like the FF XII or WKC battle system, or more action oriented?

As far as we know, it will be simillar to Kingdom Heart's battle system and it will be an Action JRPG... there aren't many details about the battle system :S

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

VXIII said:

^^

I believe it will be more like KH but no one can tell for sure.

I just found an interesting information about Noctis

- Versus 13 main character is unlike Cloud nor Squall as people are expecting. Everyone's impression on him will greatly change once they hear him speak. Many people may not like him

I guess that explain the bad posture he got( which people hate so much ), it meant to be .. now that sounds really interesting.

oh wait... can it be true? ... I mean that rumor about him being gay!!!

EDIT:

-Nomura: The Versus protagonist is not a character with a Squall-like or Cloud-like personality like everyone is thinking now. He is a type that has not been seen in the generations of the series yet. For a long time now, I have wanted to try making a character like him, but I hesitated because he is a type of character that might fall close to “out of bounds.”

Nomura: Yes. (Haha) There are probably people who dislike his type. Usually, protagonists do not have strong personalities to avoid having the personality interfere with the player’s empathy, and so very distinctive characters are relegated to side-roles, but not this time. He has a bit of an overabundance of p idiosyncrasy. I think that when he speaks, the impression of him will change considerably.

Lol, wasn't the rumor about him being gay just an April fools joke?

And what does he mean by "out of bounds"? lol, is Noctis crazy or something?... I wonder what his voice sounds like!

I hope Noctis isn't hated by the fans :S

CGI-Quality said:

Raelly, really, really liking this thread! Nicely done.

Thanks :D I just copy-pasted news from the internet though, lol. But thanks anyways ^_^

Around the Network

Shouldn't this be in the Gaming Discussion? Or am I misinformed about this no longer being PS3 exclusive?

Saruk said:

Shouldn't this be in the Gaming Discussion? Or am I misinformed about this no longer being PS3 exclusive?

as far as I know officially it's still an exclusive but there is rumour that it may be going multy platform but it will probably be at least a timed exclusive for the PS3, or a staggered release with it being exclusive in Japan like FFXIII.

OT: looks like it will be a mighty impressive game, I hope the gameplay and story can live up to the hype.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

zarx said:
Saruk said:

as far as I know officially it's still an exclusive but there is rumour that it may be going multy platform but it will probably be at least a timed exclusive for the PS3, or a staggered release with it being exclusive in Japan like FFXIII.

OT: looks like it will be a mighty impressive game, I hope the gameplay and story can live up to the hype.

I'm no fanboy, but i really dont think this should go multiplatform; mainly because FF13 was hit hard by piracy and i dont want the game to be delayed.

So whats the theories on this 'revelation'; i think we could be getting a Japanese release date/ window, maybe a similtaneous release like Kiatse wanted for FF13. maybe a massive trailer, showcasing the battle system, more characters, etc.

or it could be a reveal that Celene Dion is performing the title track....

A203D said:
zarx said:
Saruk said:

I'm no fanboy, but i really dont think this should go multiplatform; mainly because FF13 was hit hard by piracy and i dont want the game to be delayed.

So whats the theories on this 'revelation'; i think we could be getting a Japanese release date/ window, maybe a similtaneous release like Kiatse wanted for FF13. maybe a massive trailer, showcasing the battle system, more characters, etc.

or it could be a reveal that Celene Dion is performing the title track....

oh please not more pop stars leona lewis singing just blew my ear off LOL...

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Posting here so I can come back and read it all later on, great effort on the OP!