By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii...most immature

Games like Manhunt 2 are plain uneccessary.
@ Avinash: Gran Turismo, Halo, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Tekken, Starcraft, Half-Life, Final Fantasy and GTA are niche titles? These are the best selling games in the history of gaming on their respective platforms!
I'll never take any of your posts seriously again...

Around the Network
stof said:
cool48 said:
Question: If the fact that it has non-violent games means that it is not immature, why do the ratings call more violent games mature?

Because that's the label they use to suggest a game is not suitable for children. Why do they need such a rating system? Because a game that isn't considered suitable for children is actually quite likely to appeal to children. Think of it this way. Which TV show is more likely to appeal to children; The West Wing or Jackass?. Now of those two, which one gets the Mature rating? I'll give you a hint, it's not the show with intelligent and mature subject matter.

So far the smartest game this gen is Zack & Wiki, a game which most definately did not get a mature rating.

stof wins...end of...i don't even need to read any more of the thread below this^ post.

Mummelmann said:
@ Avinash: Gran Turismo, Halo, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil, Tekken, Starcraft, Half-Life, Final Fantasy and GTA are niche titles? These are the best selling games in the history of gaming on their respective platforms!

lol, you're looking a niche market and saying that the sales of those niche titles in that niche market mean that those are huge titles, yeah 5 million copies of a game out of a 100 million consoles out of billions of people, face it, you're limited (5 percent of a market hich serves a fraction of the world is laughable)

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

o.m.g... goodbye

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Mummelmann said:

lol, you're looking a niche market and saying that the sales of those niche titles in that niche market mean that those are huge titles, yeah 5 million copies of a game out of a 100 million consoles out of billions of people, face it, you're limited (5 percent of a market hich serves a fraction of the world is laughable)

So youre pretty happy if all of a sudden everyone stops developing games such as RE and GT? Yay! Lets all go out and buy Cooking Mama 38, this time you can MICROWAVE the food. The futures bright eh?

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Around the Network

You know i'm right, those franchises you mentioned are small potatoes, they will never grow beyond that small chunk of the market they have eked out and most will decline over time, that is the very definition of the niche title

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Bladeneo said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Mummelmann said:

lol, you're looking a niche market and saying that the sales of those niche titles in that niche market mean that those are huge titles, yeah 5 million copies of a game out of a 100 million consoles out of billions of people, face it, you're limited (5 percent of a market hich serves a fraction of the world is laughable)

So youre pretty happy if all of a sudden everyone stops developing games such as RE and GT? Yay! Lets all go out and buy Cooking Mama 38, this time you can MICROWAVE the food. The futures bright eh?

Cooking Mama 38 is the bomb, you can actually cook mama! But really... why use sequels to attack someone it's kinda stupid because I mean everything that sells is bound to get them (MGS, Final Fantasy etc) if I didn't know any better I'd assume you hated sequels because of their nature not because you didn't like the original.(thankfully I know better.) Games like Manhunt 2 are fine side by side with games like Cooking Mama and Mario is fine next to Final Fantasy, they're all fine but don't look me in the eyes and tell me M rating means the game in itself is "Mature" the M rating just implies age maturity where children are more likely to be influenced, the crux of the problem is, these games are also more likely to draw the kids attention(scroll up on this screen to see the "West Wing Jackass" analogy. A prime example would be the media on No More Heroes a M rated game that is far from Mature according to what's being said it at no point is or takes itself seriously. There's nothing wrong with that either, sometimes I want childish and goofy, sometimes I want gore and sometimes I want to laugh at something that's ridiculous and knows that it is as thus. (Games that are ridiculous but take themselves seriously are... well I cringe)

This thread is more immature, than the entire Nintendo cycle Why people even bother to "fully" respond on these kind of threads. Yes I respond too, to say I'm highly irritated by these kind of nonsense threads and wonder if people have nothing better to do, than to bash or to complain.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

souixan said:
Bladeneo said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Mummelmann said:

Cooking Mama 38 is the bomb, you can actually cook mama! But really... why use sequels to attack someone it's kinda stupid because I mean everything that sells is bound to get them (MGS, Final Fantasy etc) if I didn't know any better I'd assume you hated sequels because of their nature not because you didn't like the original.(thankfully I know better.) Games like Manhunt 2 are fine side by side with games like Cooking Mama and Mario is fine next to Final Fantasy, they're all fine but don't look me in the eyes and tell me M rating means the game in itself is "Mature" the M rating just implies age maturity where children are more likely to be influenced, the crux of the problem is, these games are also more likely to draw the kids attention(scroll up on this screen to see the "West Wing Jackass" analogy. A prime example would be the media on No More Heroes a M rated game that is far from Mature according to what's being said it at no point is or takes itself seriously. There's nothing wrong with that either, sometimes I want childish and goofy, sometimes I want gore and sometimes I want to laugh at something that's ridiculous and knows that it is as thus. (Games that are ridiculous but take themselves seriously are... well I cringe)

I wasn't debating that maturity in rating = maturity in game or gamers. I was saying that the picture that Avinash was painting would ultimately lead to a future were the most popular games are ones that are just casual success remixed and thrown out to milk the profits as much as possible. He was suggesting that the most successful games of now and the past are niche products that will decline, and I asked if he felt this was a step in the right direction, which he didnt answer.

On topic, no, maturity rating doesnt equal maturity in the game or gamers. But it certainly says something about your target audience thats for sure. 

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Mummelmann said:

Most of those games aren't even M-rated so what is the point? Gran Tourismo rated E for example.