By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Warning! Kinect shrinks people!

2cm isn't even an inch. 2 Inches is a LOT to lose. That is 5.08 cm.

Who cares? Will it effect gameplay? I doubt it.

Around the Network

LOL. a glitch in microsoft software?! who would have thought i?

but yeah they probably know that and try to get it fixed.

The rest could be a rounding error!

Tease.

It's called Parallax. I keep on telling people to research this very valuable piece of information. Mostly because it will give the most insight on understanding Kinect and Move, but nope. Ignorance is bliss.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

.jayderyu said:

It's called Parallax. I keep on telling people to research this very valuable piece of information. Mostly because it will give the most insight on understanding Kinect and Move, but nope. Ignorance is bliss.

What the hell is Parallax (I don't feel like looking it up)

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
.jayderyu said:

As simple as I can put it, Parallax is basically the measurement differences based on perspective, distance etc.

It's either that or glitchy software/hardware. Either way the article is atleast kind of funny 

With all the talk of glitches and the software not working great I really don't feel like ordering my Kinect. I think I'll have to wait and see if the thing really performs as good as Microsoft leads us to believe and of course I wanna see some more games other then dance games fitness games and animal pet games. Give me an RPG , fighting game , shooter , platformer (No not KinectAdventure a real platformer).

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

yo_john117 said:
.jayderyu said:

Don't worry, the only place I've ever come across that term is in Astronomy class.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

.jayderyu said:

doesn't matter on distance.  A great peice of technology should do some simple geometry to figure out distance from camera, and angle and that should be enough to figure out the rest of the figures in teh triangle that is you and the kinect camera.

though since kinect is say 4 feet above ground it would be some sort of a parallelogram instead, but still then it should be able to determine how far above the ground it is, based on same features.  figure out how far away some object is and then computer its own height. 

both are simple calculations i could do on paper and pencil in a matter of seconds, i figure a machine that is supposed to be able to do all that it says it can shoudl be able to do.  or does kinect not able to determine 3d distance from itself?  if it can't then forget everything i said.  Cause if it can determine that said person is 3 feet away or 3 and half feet away, ect, then its simple geometry that i could do in like 9th grade. 

I hope they see that problem and fix it.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB