By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Visuals Yay or Nay?

Chrizum said:

From what I've seen so far, I don't like it at all. It seems to lack a coherent style. And it reminds me of Grand Slam Tennis for the Wii...

Let's hope they'll polish it up before release.

What? Grand Slam Tennis looked awesome compared to this, it was cartoony, but it had it's own recognisable style. This Zelda looks good, but has no style, too generic.

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

Around the Network

The lava level looked REALLY good. Link's model looks promising, and the levels look fairly standard. What got on my nerves was the enemies. They just looked wrong and out of place.

SmoothCriminal said:

The lava level looked REALLY good. Link's model looks promising, and the levels look fairly standard. What got on my nerves was the enemies. They just looked wrong and out of place.

Apparently this was not really Hyrule.

The first thing NIntendo works on is the gameplay.

The graphics/presentation will be the main focus from now on. M. said so.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
SmoothCriminal said:

So..... Termina?

:P

SmoothCriminal said:
Stefan.De.Machtige said:
SmoothCriminal said:

So..... Termina?

:P

I'm not sure. See on M's (summary) roundtable, he told about the story. I stopped reading quickly to avoid spoilers. I quess, you can look for yourself. 

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Around the Network

I leaning in the positive. In fact, I'm almost falling over.

The demo area looked a bit to much like something out of a Mario game, but the effects and shading look really good.  Hopefully when we see more, it'll be more Hyrule-ish.

It's looks ok to me.  I kinda wished they continued to move forward with the direction that they went in with twilight princess.  But like others have said this looks like a mix between twilight princess and the wind waker so it has the potential to be a very unique title visually.

I think it looks lovely! I like it better then Twilight Princess, TP is so colorless.

I was taken aback too, as given all indications, i was expecting something very much on the realistic end.

As it is, i'm loving the look when it comes to characters, but those environments need work. The trees especially i found unacceptable, and the grass is too simple as well.

Other environments looked better. The shots of the dungeons look great.

I'm going to go with Yay for now, since it has better potential, and maybe its just the tree-heavy section that doesn't end up looking all that good, and the shading is phenomenal.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.