By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Visuals Yay or Nay?

first day purchase. This is AAA all the way.

Around the Network

I think they tried to do a mash of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess and it kinda ended up a little lopsided, it's nice, but had they stuck to one strength it could have looked as good as Mario Galaxy 2 or Red Steel 2.

According to the Giant Bombcast, the art direction took some negative turn's and had to be scrapped and started again a few times, maybe that's why it doesn't look that polished yet.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Bright, deep, primary colors work really well on the Wii and look really good on an HD TV.  That's one reason why SMG2 looks so good despite not being technically that impressive.  The new Zelda looks great (I had to go find video of it in motion).  My big issue will probably be playing the game the way they intended and not sitting on a couch like I prefer.

It looks like they were trying to fuse the more adult modelling of TP with the cartoonish tones of the older Zeldas but to me the end result didn't look as cartoony as it did washed out. Game looks great still but I prefer the art and general look of the older adventures of Link.

The environment looked extremely unpolished. The gameplay on the other hand was very interesting.

Around the Network

yer it is like wind waker. I hated the cell shading, but when i played the game for a while i actually liked it more as the character had better looking facial expressions, and i don't know why but the grass moving in the wind sorta looked smoother.

I definitely prefer Skyward Swords visuals to Twilight Princess visuals, but in my opinion Wind Waker visuals were still the best.

I like it, but I hope they will improve it a bit.

I have not seen nearly enough to form a solid opinion yet.  What I have seen seems like they could have some gorgeous scenes.

Its not as cartoony as Wind Waker, more "Story book" which fits the zelda theme.

Still, I need to see more.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

Seems like the transition from 2D style to 3D style might finally come of age.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.