By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - GoldenEye - Excited?

famousringo said:
palancas7 said:

I have two thoughts:

1. WTF classic controller FTL.

2. The poor bastards at High Voltage must be freaking out that a big IP dropped in out of nowhere to steal the key feature of their upcoming shooter and launch the same month.

Not really.  The "big IP" only has 5 multiplayer maps (hence, it's not really a big IP).  I'd rather have Conduit 2 than this.

Around the Network

I am, just want to see the final product before I buy it.

KylieDog said:

Not really.

First, above anything else in importance....its not GoldenEye without Brosnan.  Its my number one Bond movie and not having Brosnan is an insult.

Second, I think remakes aren't worth doing if they are not going to be done of the latest and best technology.  Should have been done on PS3 or 360, preferably the former since their exclusives tend to edge out the win a bit.  To make things worse it doesn't even seem to be pushing the Wii much visually.

What you are saying sounds good in theory, and if were with some other IP I would be inclined to agree with you. However, you saw E3 I'm guessing. You know the dozens of shooters coming to the 360/PS3. Goldeneye would not be first priority to these owners when they are just going to mark out for Halo: Reach and the next COD.

There is just NO room for Goldeneye anywhere else. It needs some legs too; first week sales aren't the only ones they will need. On the PS3/360 side theres Portal and Crysis and Medal of Honor and Gears and Killzone and Ghost Recon...

I agree the graphics could be much better though. Activision has teams that worked on Wii FPSs before. If they are going to remake one of the best FPS games of all-time, they must do it justice.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I'm not hyped for it at all.  Being the "only first person shooter" back then fuels my nostalgia.  Being "just another first person shooter" now does not bode well.  I seriously doubt the game's meta-score will average more that a 7.5.

d21lewis said:

I'm not hyped for it at all.  Being the "only first person shooter" back then fuels my nostalgia.  Being "just another first person shooter" now does not bode well.  I seriously doubt the game's meta-score will average more that a 7.5.

When was it ever the only FPS?

Around the Network

Yea, though I am not so sure It will be a day one. I will have to much going on then amd lots of other games I find better than a FPS remake. I would love to have it though. I just do not know if I can afford the time or money for it

psychoBrew said:
d21lewis said:

Hence the quotation marks.  I'm aware of Wolfenstein, Duke Nukem, Powerslave, Doom, Turok, etc. that were available years before or around the same time.  It's just that, at the time, it was THE first person shooter.  It was the only one that mattered.

d21lewis said:
psychoBrew said:
d21lewis said:

Hence the quotation marks.  I'm aware of Wolfenstein, Duke Nukem, Powerslave, Doom, Turok, etc. that were available years before or around the same time.  It's just that, at the time, it was THE first person shooter.  It was the only one that mattered.

Now Turok? That is what needs to come back to a Nintendo console. The last Turok game tuned him into a lumbering Space Marine. I want him to return being a Native American who busts guns off and kills dinosaurs and monsters, not other Space Marines.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Goldeneye had its day back in the late 1990s. Goldeneye was released in late 1997. 4 player co-op on the N64 was excellent fun with friends back in the day. Great death matches and lot of fun which was a start of thing to come on console shooter gaming. 

Goldeneye was  one of a handful of great games on the N64 which was smashed by the PS1. Along came bigger and better shooter games: Perfect Dark (2000) and Halo: Combat Evolved (2001) and they have kept on coming and make Goldeneye look extremely dated and old in comparison. Every dog has its day. Goldeneye had its day and a reworked version of it may or may not cut it in the modern era. 

im trying to decide between this and Conduit 2. if what i hear is true, and there is only 5 multiplayer maps, then im getting conduit 2. plus oddball looks cheap with that hat.