By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What will sell better PS Move or MS kinect

What will sell better PS Move or MS kinect

Ps Move 796 66.28%

MS Kinect 405 33.72%

Total:1,201
Etech7 said:

There is no way move will sell more i haven't even seen anyone talk about it in real life just here.  Kinect is so different it is almost like another gen.

I would say that Move due to it's line up will sell more unit's than Kinect based on line up's in software the Move has the better Line up. not only that Wii 3rd party exclusives may also be ported to the Playstation Move now due to the way both Wiimotion and Playstation Move work. the Microsoft Kinect can also get great software but sofar the release line up for Kinect is not as robust as playstation Move's is.

that may change but As of now that's the way i see it.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

Around the Network

If I wanted to play a shooter with a wand, I would have bought a Wii. That's the thing Sony fans here don't get, most of the hardcore won't get a Move to play Socom 4 or KZ3, and the casuals don't care about those games.

I don't see Move doing much, there's no hype there, the already PS3-owning casual crowd that's into SingStars and Buzz might get it, everyone else won't.

I don't know if Kinect is gonna be a success or a flop (because let's be honest, Move and Kinect both might fail, leaving no "winner"), but even with a ripoff lineup, the underlaying tech is great, and the buzz is much higher. People on the foruns can hate all they want, but software aside, it's actually something new, and the same skepticism I see now is the same I saw about the Wii, and guess what, it turned into the "it" item to get and basically printed money for Nintendo.

based on the games at e3 i will have to go with the move. it has games for hardcore and casual gamers. natal pretty much targeted the casual market.

Sony with Move tries to focus on two different and complementary things: easing Wii/PS3 multiplatforms and doing something of its own, with a different style from Wii games also when the games are more similar, with its 1st party studios.

MS OTOH was supposed to do something completely different and it's wasting its possible advantage about this releasing uninspired rip-offs that will taint Kinect's name. Moreover MS, excluding Halo and a few others, has a less strong 1st party support, and where it's really strong, it's almost totally focused on FPS. And without a trigger and other buttons for actions you don't usually do with wide gestures, Kinect won't be at ease with them. MS must play more on Kinect's differences for it to succeed.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I love that people keep guessing the price of Kinect as if Microsoft prices things like a Normal company in this market...I personally think 200 is closer to the cost of Kinect, but hey, who knows really....Keep in mind that a hard drive for the 360 is super expensive, and a wireless adapter for the current 360's are STILL like 300% normal price of a USB adapter for wireless.

Just waiting for that PS Vita to come out so I can play some full featured games on the go with that beautiful screen and control scheme...

Around the Network

Move! Hands down! The libary for Move games will be huge when it hits since it will be good for games already out. People are saying 100$ is a lot but your getting a camera which you can us for other things. A game and a move controller. For those with the camera already we're just paying 49.99 for a controller and 29.99 for the sub controller. Kinect has garbage games and will cost atleast $150us without a game. Hence why microsoft won't release the price yet they will release the ship date. Kinect has no feedback no sense of real control. If your driving you don't feel the crub or the lose of control at the wheel. Hell your not even holding a wheel. You feel nothing your just moving your hand in the air pretending to do somthing. The only thing it worked ok for was yoga with that ubisoft workout game. Plus those where slow movements. look at the hermonix dance central game. when the girl moved fast it gave her a great score. whent he guy danced it gave him the same score because it couldn't see the quick movements hence any high movement games won't work well. No tiger woods golf for the kinect not even most wii games can work with kinect. Ask yourself why did M$ spend so much time showing you how Kinect can control MENU's for movies and stuff. Crazy thing is i'm sure the PS eye cam could do the same damn thing. Its only a Mic people.

Ps3 says " Xbox Blow up". xbox red rings itself.

Well when you say "sell more" do you mean the sheer number of Move wands and Kinect cameras or do you mean the number of households that will invest in either technology at all?

If we're talking the first case then obviously Move as multiplayer with move requires more than one wand while Kinect does multiplayer with only one camera. If we're talking the second case... well it could go either way I think. I think the novelty factor of Kinect will cause it to have a higher level of interest to  non-hardcore gaming consumers while Move;s precision will be more successful than Kinect with the hardcore crowd.

Masakari said:

If I wanted to play a shooter with a wand, I would have bought a Wii. That's the thing Sony fans here don't get, most of the hardcore won't get a Move to play Socom 4 or KZ3, and the casuals don't care about those games.

I don't see Move doing much, there's no hype there, the already PS3-owning casual crowd that's into SingStars and Buzz might get it, everyone else won't.

I don't know if Kinect is gonna be a success or a flop (because let's be honest, Move and Kinect both might fail, leaving no "winner"), but even with a ripoff lineup, the underlaying tech is great, and the buzz is much higher. People on the foruns can hate all they want, but software aside, it's actually something new, and the same skepticism I see now is the same I saw about the Wii, and guess what, it turned into the "it" item to get and basically printed money for Nintendo.

have your tryed the Playstation Move?

than how do you know..?

because of the Wii?

HEY..here's a thought

the playstation move It's from Sony not Nintendo!

something new?

yea it's a good thing there is the exact same game's that are on the Wii, o'l brother:P

yea the Wii has Socom 4..lol Killzone 3 and those are on the Wii in 3D also../please

I AM BOLO

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

The bundles will be the decisive way to sell this things!

Kinneas14 said:

The bundles will be the decisive way to sell this things!

yea this fall EYEPET bundle in the US Market for $80.00

would I think sell very well.

I AM BOLO

ps: