By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Fit selling out in Japan

@montana

I want SMG to sell really well. I want Wiifit to sell really well. I dont think there isnt a nintendo fanboy who doesnt want them to both do well and they will both do well.

Does the fact that Brain Training does so well in any way dimish your enjoyment of zleda ds?

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
FJ-Warez said:
MontanaHatchet said:

No, it's the hypocritical attitude,

Galaxy sells 260k first week:

"How can Mario Galaxy not sell in Japan?!!" "How can they not buy the games I want them to buy?" "Stupid casuals!"

Wii Fit sells out:

"It's teh revolutionz!!!"

Wii crazies need to make up their mind whether they want good games to sell or not.

I want to know if this "quotes" belong to the same person or they came from different users, cause I have seen similar arguments, but not from the same guy...

And yes some people need to make up their minds, but thats something is not going to happen anytime soon...

And about the sales of "those games" well, HappySquirrel posted a list of the games in the Wii with success, all from Ninty, and since all of them are really different and are targeted to differents segments of the market, well, I don't bother of the sales of Wii fit against SMG, since SMG is great game and definitely is not going to be last...

I made the quotes up, they're representative of far more coherent quotes.

They were both said by the same "people".

people or person ? I mean isn't it a stereotype ?

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

azzer100 said:
@montana

I want SMG to sell really well. I want Wiifit to sell really well. I dont think there isnt a nintendo fanboy who doesnt want them to both do well and they will both do well.

Does the fact that Brain Training does so well in any way dimish your enjoyment of zleda ds?

I don't like Zelda.

mancandy said:
@Dodece and DMeisterJ

You guys crack me up. Nintendo is in the business of making money which they are kicking ass at. Both of you come into my office...cuz you're fucking fired!!!

LOL, quote ofthe day...

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
MontanaHatchet said:
azzer100 said:
@montana

I don't like Zelda.

Point is still there, do you feel threatened when a casual game does better than a hardcore game? 

Until dynasty warriors, everybody's golf was the best selling PS3 game in Japan, outselling R&C, Lair, etc.  Does that automatically make the PS3 a casual games only system?

Nintendogs is on path to be one of the best selling games ever on the DS, does that completely invalidate the hardcore games on the DS like mario kart?

And OMG guitar hero 3 outsold all these super big budget hardcore gray tones only fps games on the PS3 and xbox, and its also a hardware packin!!!  If the same complaint is leveled about wiifit outselling SMG, then you'll have to complain about GH3 outselling mass effect and bioshock and uncharted.  Any takers?  No?

Around the Network
darconi said:
MontanaHatchet said:
azzer100 said:
@montana

I don't like Zelda.

Point is still there, do you feel threatened when a casual game does better than a hardcore game?

Until dynasty warriors, everybody's golf was the best selling PS3 game in Japan, outselling R&C, Lair, etc. Does that automatically make the PS3 a casual games only system?

Nintendogs is on path to be one of the best selling games ever on the DS, does that completely invalidate the hardcore games on the DS like mario kart?

And OMG guitar hero 3 outsold all these super big budget hardcore gray tones only fps games on the PS3 and xbox, and its also a hardware packin!!! If the same complaint is leveled about wiifit outselling SMG, then you'll have to complain about GH3 outselling mass effect and bioshock and uncharted. Any takers? No?

I wasn't complaining about Wii Fit outselling Galaxy, I was pointing out how Nintendo fans can say one thing and then another.

MontanaHatchet said:
darconi said:
MontanaHatchet said:
azzer100 said:
@montana

I don't like Zelda.

Until dynasty warriors, everybody's golf was the best selling PS3 game in Japan, outselling R&C, Lair, etc. Does that automatically make the PS3 a casual games only system?

And OMG guitar hero 3 outsold all these super big budget hardcore gray tones only fps games on the PS3 and xbox, and its also a hardware packin!!! If the same complaint is leveled about wiifit outselling SMG, then you'll have to complain about GH3 outselling mass effect and bioshock and uncharted. Any takers? No?

I wasn't complaining about Wii Fit outselling Galaxy, I was pointing out how Nintendo fans can say one thing and then another.

I don't see how their statements are contradictory.  On one hand they're saying that the Japanese gamers are not embracing sales of SMG as much as they want.  On the other, they're saying that the japanese gamers are excited about wiifit and how sales are high.

In both cases, they're supporting the overall sales for wii games.  Does sales success over halo 3 mean that you can't be hoping for GH3 to do well?  

In any case, it was as targeted to dodece's comment as yours since he was complaining about hardware packin and casual games becoming more popular. 

Quote from Mr. John Lucas himself:

"Fools!" "I never usually second guess a region buying preferences but I have to make an exception in this case." "FOOLS!!" "Mario Party 8 & Mario Party DS matching up with the mainline franchise in the series????" "Those are the spinoffs!" "Super Mario Galaxy is the mainline of the whole franchise for God's sake!"

And I think you know what his usual posting sounds like. 

Totally agree Montana. Nothing is quite as absurd and bitter as yelling at people and calling them names for liking different video games than you do, but the last few weeks have seen even more of these shrill cries than usual.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Bodhesatva said:

Totally agree Montana. Nothing is quite as absurd and bitter as yelling at people and calling them names for liking different video games than you do, but the last few weeks have seen even more of these shrill cries than usual.

Oh, thank god.

When I started reading that I thought it was going to be a sarcastic jab, hoo boy!