By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What game review sites are credible now?

Seeing as how its obvious Gamespot (cnet) reviews are nothing but game publishers ads now. I feel Ign whose parent company is newscorp (Fox), has game reviews that are nothing more than game ads from publishers also. 1up.com has posted that  SCEA gave gamespot tremendous heat for giving ratchet and clank a  7.5. Thats BS! 

Around the Network

I still trust IGN even they are owned by Fox. At least I believe their wii site

Dont trust too much. Most big businesses are just that, Big Businesses. They care mostly about getting big money. Fox is greedy as hell, they bought out myspace also.

gametrailers??? perhaps.

VGchartz members, mostly yes.

I dont trust IGN, not their PS3 reviews at least. I'm sick of seeing a PS3 game get .2 less than the 360 version for no apparant reason, not to mention their bullshit review of heavenly sword.

Although I don't trust every word on IGN or gamespot, I basically look at them for an overview of what I should expect; the actual review content is terrible.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Around the Network

None.

I trust Matt at IGN and i guess that's it

IGN is a POS

Yahtzee is all you need

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

I dont know how they let it slip, but look at Lair. Its a horrid game and they reported accuately. But what if they were all bribed to give it a 9 and up? They would have sold a million copies of the crapiest game on earth. We look to these sites to look past the hype, not to advertise the game in the reviews.

I still trust IGN the most.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music