By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will The PS3 Have 100 Million 1 Mill + Sellers By The End of 2010 ?

Will The PS3 Have 100 Million 1 Mill + Sellers By The End of 2010 ?

Yes 70 27.45%

No 185 72.55%

Total:255

possible

Around the Network
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Metallicube said:

No way, not when you consider that it took 3 and a half years for it to reach 60 million sellers. It's going to take far longer than 1/4th of THAT time to bring in almost twice the amount of million sellers. 360 hasn't even reached at mark yet with 96, nor has Wii with 80.

if you said is toughn then it would have been ok

but to give the reason that it can't because it took three years  for 60 million sellers is just foolish

SONY wasn't really selling and pushimg out games and they were making a loss that time and price was high.

now PS3 is at everybody's reaching price so they are pushing games and profting too.

just look at the number of million sellers they have sold since SLIMMER PS3 launch,it is faster than any other console this GEN at any time of the year

I'm not saying the rate of million sellers hasn't accelerated for Sony.. I just don't believe there will be 100 million sellers in only 6 months, when they need another 40 games to reach that milestone.

I say 80 tops.

Metallicube said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Metallicube said:

No way, not when you consider that it took 3 and a half years for it to reach 60 million sellers. It's going to take far longer than 1/4th of THAT time to bring in almost twice the amount of million sellers. 360 hasn't even reached at mark yet with 96, nor has Wii with 80.

if you said is toughn then it would have been ok

but to give the reason that it can't because it took three years  for 60 million sellers is just foolish

SONY wasn't really selling and pushimg out games and they were making a loss that time and price was high.

now PS3 is at everybody's reaching price so they are pushing games and profting too.

just look at the number of million sellers they have sold since SLIMMER PS3 launch,it is faster than any other console this GEN at any time of the year

I'm not saying the rate of million sellers hasn't accelerated for Sony.. I just don't believe there will be 100 million sellers in only 6 months, when they need another 40 games to reach that milestone.

I say 80 tops.

but you meant that or sounded like that because you said it took three years to get to 60

just look at my list on PAGE 2 and then you will know they will easily make it to 90 for sure

No Effing way

Solid_Snake4RD said:

but you meant that or sounded like that because you said it took three years to get to 60

just look at my list on PAGE 2 and then you will know they will easily make it to 90 for sure

Dead Certs

Fifa 11
PES 11
Madden 11
GT5
COD: Black ops
Little Big Planet 2
AC: Brotherhood
Fallout: New Vegas
Army of Two

Great Chance

UFC 2010 - depends on legs
Mod Nation Racers - at 240k and already down to 40k, again depends on legs. Don't just assume it's gonna have them ..
SSFIV - pretty good chance of hitting 1 mil around christmas time.

Slim Chance

Valkyria Chronicles - Sold less than 3.5k last week, has 80k to make up, it's sales will only fall.
Rockband 2 - it sold 4.8k last week, it has to make up 85k, with RB 3 coming out, this is by no means in the bag ...
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift - sold 1600 copies last week, needs 75k. It's not going to make it this year.
Battlefield Bad Company - sold 2k, has 60k to go, it's sales have dropped from 5k 6 weeks ago. Won't do it this year.
Prototype - 3k this week, 65k, stands an ok chance, still not in the bag by any means though. Was selling near 10k 6 weeks ago.
Rockband 3 - RB2 still hasn't made it, after 2 years on the market ... no.
MAG - 130k to go, sold 10k, if this tapers off to 5k again soon, it won't hit 1 million this year.

No Way

Guitar Hero 6 - last one did 660k.
GTA Liberty City Stories - at 560k, selling less than 20k a week, won't happen this year unless it gets severe bundles, which I doubt.
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 - 140k to go, sold 6k last week, aint gonna do it.
Dragon Age Origins - 150k to go, sold 5k last week, this'll taper off soon too, won't do it.
Eyepet - unless this is a new updated version you're talking about, the current Eyepet is at 500k, selling around 1k a week ... you do the math.

These if announced for this year:

MOTORSTORM 3 - Motorstorm 2 didn't make it, what makes you think this will? Especially with GT5 coming out ...

RESISTANCE 3 - Yup

AGENT - Yup

GTA NEXT - Yup, doubtful it's 2010 though .....

FINAL FANTASY 13 VERSUS - Yup

SIMS 3 - not a dead cert by any means ...

NEED FOR SPEED NEXT - Great chance.

CRYSIS 2 - Great chance.

STAR WARS FORCE UNLEASHED 2 - NOT announced for 2010 yet

BATMAN AA2 - Again not announced for 2010

FINAL FANTASY 14 - MMO ...

More than half of what you listed are by NO means 100% dead certs like you make out. Do your research next time ...

Around the Network
Seece said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

Dead Certs

Fifa 11
PES 11
Madden 11
GT5
Little Big Planet 2
Army of Two

Great Chance

Mod Nation Racers - at 240k and already down to 40k, again depends on legs. Don't just assume it's gonna have them ..

Slim Chance

Valkyria Chronicles - Sold less than 3.5k last week, has 80k to make up, it's sales will only fall.
Rockband 2 - it sold 4.8k last week, it has to make up 85k, with RB 3 coming out, this is by no means in the bag ...
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift - sold 1600 copies last week, needs 75k. It's not going to make it this year.
Battlefield Bad Company - sold 2k, has 60k to go, it's sales have dropped from 5k 6 weeks ago. Won't do it this year.
Prototype - 3k this week, 65k, stands an ok chance, still not in the bag by any means though. Was selling near 10k 6 weeks ago.
MAG - 130k to go, sold 10k, if this tapers off to 5k again soon, it won't hit 1 million this year.

No Way

GTA Liberty City Stories - at 560k, selling less than 20k a week, won't happen this year unless it gets severe bundles, which I doubt.
Dragon Age Origins - 150k to go, sold 5k last week, this'll taper off soon too, won't do it.
Eyepet - unless this is a new updated version you're talking about, the current Eyepet is at 500k, selling around 1k a week ... you do the math.

MOTORSTORM 3 - Motorstorm 2 didn't make it, what makes you think this will? Especially with GT5 coming out ...

RESISTANCE 3 - Yup

AGENT - Yup

CRYSIS 2 - Great chance.

More than half of what you listed are by NO means 100% dead certs like you make out. Do your research next time ...

will easily make it:

UFC 2010

Mod Nation Racers

SSFIV

Valkyria Chronicles

Rockband 2

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift - 3D UPDATE BOOST

Battlefield Bad Company

Prototype

MAG

GTA Liberty City Storie- it is selling very fast

WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010

Dragon Age Origins

Eyepet-selling in europe and US release

these 2 are with little uncertainties:

ROCKBAND 3 - guitar hero was the definitve music game on PS3 then but now they both sell well

Guitar Hero 6 - last year alot of versions came out so sales were divided but this year less versions are coming out so the main version can do

MOTORSTORM 3 - motorstorm 2 didn't cause it wasn't really known title then,motorstorm 1 just sold because launch title but now with big PS3 sales and marketing titles are selling well.why even compare with when PS3 games were strugling

RESISTANCE 3 -

AGENT -

GTA NEXT -

FINAL FANTASY 13 VERSUS -

SIMS 3 -

NEED FOR SPEED NEXT -

CRYSIS 2 -

STAR WARS FORCE UNLEASHED 2 -

BATMAN AA2 -

FINAL FANTASY 14 -

first i didn't count the if released titles and you saying not announced for 2010 in that section doesn't make sense.

half my list,you are just picking out on anything.those title can easily make 90 as seen with the high selling games since PS3 SLIMMER release

Posting so I can keep tabs on this as the year goes on.

There is no point debating with you Solid, people give you a logical reply and you just reply with that.

Wanna make a bet? IF PS3 gets 90 million sellers this year, you win. If it gets less, I win. (89-)

Winner controls losers sig for 1 month.

"WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 - 140k to go, sold 6k last week, aint gonna do it."

I do want to know how this game will EASILY make it, given what I just said about it???

Seece said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

Dead Certs

Fifa 11
PES 11
Madden 11
GT5
Little Big Planet 2
Army of Two

Great Chance

Slim Chance

No Way

RESISTANCE 3 - Yup

AGENT - Yup

CRYSIS 2 - Great chance.

I agree with you that PS3 won't have 100 million seller at the end of 2010 but saying that game won't make it because it sold 2k this week and it has 60k to go is wrong. There is thing called christmas that makes wonders to budget titles.

KillerMan said:
Seece said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

Dead Certs

Fifa 11
PES 11
Madden 11
GT5
Little Big Planet 2
Army of Two

Great Chance

Slim Chance

No Way

RESISTANCE 3 - Yup

AGENT - Yup

CRYSIS 2 - Great chance.

I agree with you that PS3 won't have 100 million seller at the end of 2010 but saying that game won't make it because it sold 2k this week and it has 60k to go is wrong. There is thing called christmas that makes wonders to budget titles.

Yeah but that 2k is gonna drop even further, christmas does help, but it doesn't help all titles. Besides I put that in slim chance.