By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Evel Knievel Dies

Pretty old stof.....I've seen a interview of him shot 10 years ago talking about his stunts and he looked 60 or 70. He was really an old-school toughguy and was all about that old school code of decency, respect, and staying true to himself.

Thanks to kenobi after I got him to ban my old account (dallas) after someone hacked into it and being ok with me coming back under a slightly different username.  I appreciate our communication in the PMs.  Also I want to give a big thank you to vgchartz for being one of the cooler websites around. 

Oh, and I'm still the next Michael Pachter

Around the Network

We're having a Hot Rod party tonight...how fitting to watch a stuntman movie...we'll watch it in his memory.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

ProfDallas said:
Didnt he jump across the grand canyon on a motorcycle?

Actually it was the Snake River Canyon and he did not make it across. He did not use an actual motorcycle, but a kind of rocket/cycle combo. I believe it did not work due to the engineers, not Evel.

His motorcycle jumps were amazing, he really created jumping as a daredevil sport. He broke every done in his body at least once. He was 69.  

He recently sued Kayne West for ripping off his image in a video (which Kayne DID do), and is survived by his 2nd wife Crystal and his son Robbie (who wears the Knievel outfit and is a daredevil jumper as well).

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709