By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
lestatdark said:
luvtospooge said:
lestatdark said:

As I said on the Football thread, Brazil just had the typical reaction of S.America/Latin football teams, when they find themselves in the downside.

Everything is fine and well when they're winning, but when they're losing, that nasty side arises. 

Good job for NL, and now I'm hoping for a Netherlands - Germany final.

The Dutch had a fair part of fouls too. Funny but any big teams against Netherland tend to go hot...Reminiscence of portual vs Netherland in 2006.

In 2006 the Dutch did everything they could to break both Ronaldo's and Deco's legs. They managed to succeed on Ronaldo, as he had an 8 month foot injury that cost him almost a full year in Manchester United. I still remember Van Bommel smiling towards Van Brockohorst when he did that foul.

That just pissed off the Portuguese players who had some nasty fouls of their own, and a consequent Red Card (which was correctly showed). 

Yeah, the Dutch's tactic is to make the other team lose their temper..It seems :P

Around the Network
luvtospooge said:
lestatdark said:
luvtospooge said:
lestatdark said:

As I said on the Football thread, Brazil just had the typical reaction of S.America/Latin football teams, when they find themselves in the downside.

Everything is fine and well when they're winning, but when they're losing, that nasty side arises. 

Good job for NL, and now I'm hoping for a Netherlands - Germany final.

The Dutch had a fair part of fouls too. Funny but any big teams against Netherland tend to go hot...Reminiscence of portual vs Netherland in 2006.

In 2006 the Dutch did everything they could to break both Ronaldo's and Deco's legs. They managed to succeed on Ronaldo, as he had an 8 month foot injury that cost him almost a full year in Manchester United. I still remember Van Bommel smiling towards Van Brockohorst when he did that foul.

That just pissed off the Portuguese players who had some nasty fouls of their own, and a consequent Red Card (which was correctly showed). 

Yeah, the Dutch's tactic is to make the other team lose their temper..It seems :P

Yup, a bit But they didn't force the Brazilian players too much, maybe one or two dives by Robben. Brazil just lost their tempers as the game got progressively harder for them to win. 

I think something similar will happen tomorrow if Argentina gets caught in the same situation with Germany.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

30 (Scoobes) Holland 2-1 Brazil (Tombi123) 25

Felipe Melo (o.g) 53       Robinho 10

Sneidjer 68

Felipe Melo 73 (s/o)

Felipe Melo's own goal and straight red sees Tombi123 forfeiting control of both his Avatar and signature to Scoobes for 24 hrs.

8 (Luvtospooge) Uraguay 1-1 Ghana (Zexen_Lowe) 24 (AET)

(4-2)            

Forlan 55       Muntari 45(2)

Suarez 120(1) s/o

Suarez's straight red means Zexen_Lowe gains control of Luvtospooge's signature for 24 hours.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

I'm not going to be around much this weekend. Have time to think about what to give Tombi. Any suggestions?

So sorry for the negativity about the Dutch around here... Sore losers?

If there was any team that had it's share of fair play it had been the Dutch so far. And whoever brought up '06, yeah that was a shame but not only on our part. I will not go into a discussion about that but it's better no one goes around blaming the Dutch for that awful match.

What? we've won because some Brasilian lost its temper??? Bullshit. If by any chance the ref was good this match he was surely not in favor of the Dutch. Brasil got away with some recurring fouls without getting a card where a card was long due in the first half.

Other than that... I don't care!!! Revenge for '94 and  '98!!!

Imho it was a deserved victory. Tough fight, good match, and no really strange decisions by the ref. 5 down, 2 to go!!!

Around the Network
weaveworld said:

If there was any team that had it's share of fair play it had been the Dutch so far. And whoever brought up '06, yeah that was a shame but not only on our part. I will not go into a discussion about that but it's better no one goes around blaming the Dutch for that awful match.

What? we've won because some Brasilian lost its temper??? Bullshit. If by any chance the ref was good this match he was surely not in favor of the Dutch. Brasil got away with some recurring fouls without getting a card where a card was long due in the first half.

Imho it was a deserved victory. Tough fight, good match, and no really strange decisions by the ref. 5 down, 2 to go!!!

It was me that brought it up (the 2006 match). but as I said, in 2006 both Portugal and Holland were at fault for that awful match. Both for the Portuguese players to lose their tempers like that and Van Bommel's incessant tackles until he broke Ronaldo's leg and he still laughed about it.

Anyway, today it was a very deserved win for Holland, especially for the way the completely dominated Brazil on the second half. If Holland had taken the, quite easy, chances that they had at the end of the game, it would have easily ended 4-1.

I hope they go through to the final, as they currently are amongst my two favourite teams to win the WC (the second being Germany). A Holland - Germany final would be epic

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
weaveworld said:

It was me that brought it up (the 2006 match). but as I said, in 2006 both Portugal and Holland were at fault for that awful match. Both for the Portuguese players to lose their tempers like that and Van Bommel's incessant tackles until he broke Ronaldo's leg and he still laughed about it.

Anyway, today it was a very deserved win for Holland, especially for the way the completely dominated Brazil on the second half. If Holland had taken the, quite easy, chances that they had at the end of the game, it would have easily ended 4-1.

I hope they go through to the final, as they currently are amongst my two favourite teams to win the WC (the second being Germany). A Holland - Germany final would be epic

Ah... glad it was you

It's hard to stay neutral when the Dutch are playing and it's nice to read positive things about our team. (football thread)

94 and 98 were very tough beatings for us, this is somewhat 'revenge' for those games because Brasil 'always' kicks us out... Now if we can take out Uruguay it will leave us with hopefully Germany or Argentina with whom we've got a score to settle (74 and 78)

Personally i'd like Argentina, for the way the tournament was refereed in '78. To me we've had our revenge on the Germans in '88 and nowadays both Dutch and Germans are happy to support eachother.

weaveworld said:

No Im not a sore loser. If anything, Brazil and Netherlands are by far my least favorite teams. My 2 favorite are facing each other tomorrow. The Netherlands are probably the best team that didn't win a world cup. Just watch their matches, they have the tendency to pull tricks that gets on the nerves of the other team.

P.S the other team is at fault too, for losing their temper. Just saying that sometimes, they play dirty in a way that gets on the nerves of some of the other players.

Please don't burn me :S

17 (Forest-Spirit) Argentina 0-1 Germany (Hephaestos) 5

Muller 3

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

okay that one  was faster than I expected