By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - US residents: Turn on the news now!

Someone has taken hostages at a Hillary Clinton campaign headquarters in New Hampshire. I hope this ends well and nobody is hurt.

I wonder what Hillary will do. The terrorist (yes, this is terrorism!) is demanding to speak to her.

(no Snuke jokes please this is a very serious matter regardless of what you might think of Hillary Clinton!)

Around the Network

Man Seizes Hostages at Clinton Campaign Office

NPR.org, November 30, 2007 · A man claiming to have a bomb was holding at least two hostages at Sen. Hillary Clinton's campaign office in Rochester, N.H., police and witnesses said, according to The Associated Press.

The man had what appeared to be a bomb strapped to himself, said Bill Shaheen, a top state campaign official. He seized two hostages, both campaign volunteers, and released others, Shaheen said.

The area around the office has been evacuated and authorities were sending a tactical bomb unit to assist local police, Maj. Michael Handbrook of New Hampshire State Police told the AP.

Clinton was not in the office at the time. She was scheduled to give an address at the Democratic National Committee meeting in Vienna, Va.

Witness Lettie Tzizik told television station WMUR of Manchester that she spoke to a woman who was released from the office by the suspect. The woman, who was carrying an infant and crying, told Tzizik "to call 911. A man has just walked into the Clinton office, opened his coat and showed us a bomb strapped to his chest with duct tape."

The Clinton office is located in the downtown area of Rochester in a strip of several storefronts.

Workers for Sen. Barack Obama's campaign office in Rochester also were evacuated, a campaign spokesman said. The office is four doors away from Clinton's. Staffers in John Edwards' office, a few buildings away, evacuated as well.

From NPR reports and The Associated Press

The man is clearly insane though. He should have used electrical tape for this.

All I see is reading rainbow, judge mathis, a soap opera....I love reading rainbow.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

i am away from t--but man....just pop the guy in teh head and be done with it

mesoteto said:

Somebody watches too much TV...

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network
famousringo said:
mesoteto said:

well it is america, right? why not

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Two people held hostage at Sen. Hillary Clinton's campaign office in Rochester, New Hampshire, have been freed. Neither hostage was harmed, CNN affiliate WCVB reported. An armed man believed to be carrying a bomb walked into the office earlier and took at least two people hostage, police said. The gunman is believed to be still in the office.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

When I heard this I this on NPR i was like wow that right out of a movie. One with a bold character someone like Denzel Washington except he would be like an inside man but not in this situation. Speaking of inside man he was in a movie called inside man which he wasn't an inside man. That ladies and gentlemen, scary enough was my exact quote and thought process......

I hope everything turns out ok. And if anyone makes a "way to go man, blow them all up" joke gets a week ban.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

kirby007 said:
famousringo said:
mesoteto said:

well it is america, right? why not

Not everybody is as awesome as FPD Doug....

'BOOOOOM HEADSHOT!"

---

On another note, I'm sad that video games have caused this man to actually take somebody hostage.

(get it?)