Forums - Sony Discussion - HD SOCOM 2 remake on PS3

I'll vote it up. Anyone inFamous fans here that dislike the new Cole, see my SIG. Was just made today so the numbers are still low but we can fix that!!

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

if I ever had an addicttion to any game it was playing Socom II online

I think I'll wait to experience, heck even know something about the MP in, SOCOM 4 before deciding I want something different.

S2 was fun because it was 2003.  I don't think it'd be fun today.  Besides, S4 could probably emulate S2's gameplay easily.  It could have UCRRs, the UCRRs could have options for allowing cover, etc.  We have no idea.

I grew up playing SOCOM 2 and would LOVE for them to remaster it in HD and fix some of the bugs that plagued the original. If they do do it, I just hope they wait awhile after SOCOM 4 to release it.

That game rocked. It was better than the first IMO.

I don't think its necessary though. I mean SOCOM 4 is coming out this year, what's the point having SOCOM 2 remade as well. I'm not hating on SOCOM, (I'll be buying SOCOM 4 for sure) I just dont think its necessary to remake #2.

Around the Network
Dgc1808 said:

I'll vote it up. Anyone inFamous fans here that dislike the new Cole, see my SIG. Was just made today so the numbers are still low but we can fix that!!

it's about the game play not the character, but i'll vote just to support.

Socom 2 was one of the best games on PS2, imo. People here keep bringing up the MP, but the single player missions were just as awesome. Especially the one where you infiltrate the dam (in Brazil?).

Thanks to all who voted it up. Keep spreading the word to other SOCOM fans and maybe this will happen.

I'll add it to my sig on the MAG forums. With the amount of votes you have though, it's probably going to happen.

4 ≈ One

Why only Socom2?.... it would be much better all classic Socom games in one, dont you think?