By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 Teaser surfaced?

halil23 said:
Smashchu2 said:

Weird.

But this is very telling. I have said before the this E3 is very importaint, and this may prove it. Both a PS4 or 3D PS3 would be bad and signal the end is near. A PS4 means that Sony is killing the current system and moving up. This means they are moving up market and ceding the lower markets to Nintendo. This will spell their doom. 3D in the PS3 is more likely, but it means that the focus is not on Move, where it needs to be, but on a 3D PS3. This will force the PS3 upmarket and mean that Sony is going to run from Nintendo. These both could end in the end of the Playstation line.

Can I have some of whatever you're smoking?!? I like to try once in a lifetime a lack of illogical sense, just for the heck of it... >_>

Remember that I am talking about disruption. Since Nintendo is disrupting Sony, Sony has only three responses

• Growth Driven Co-Option (Jump into the new market and take the growth from the disruptor)
  • Defensive Co-Option (Stop the disruptor at a teir, preventing them from moving upmarket)
  • Move up market

This would be an example of giving Nintendo the lower teirs and moving to more dedicated consumers. It seems logical at first, but Nintendo will keep following them upmarket until they have no where to run. 3D or a PS4 sounds like Sony is moving up tom more demanding customers (customers who buy moe on visuals). Here is a quote from the make who wrote disruption

As disruptive attackers follow their own sustaining trajectories, they make inroads into the low end of the market or begin pulling less demanding customers into a new context of use. What happens when the disruptive entrant begins to make inroads? A good way to visualize what incumbents can do when faced with a disruptive attack is to consider how humans respond to a perceived threat. Our body immediately reacts. We produce adrenaline. Our heart rate goes up. Our respiration rate goes up. Blood flow redirects from nonessential areas to critical areas. Our body is prepared for one of two actions: fight or flight.

Also, remember that disruptiong usually makes the incumbent (Sony and Micrsoft here) gone.

Around the Network
Smashchu2 said:
halil23 said:
Smashchu2 said:

Weird.

But this is very telling. I have said before the this E3 is very importaint, and this may prove it. Both a PS4 or 3D PS3 would be bad and signal the end is near. A PS4 means that Sony is killing the current system and moving up. This means they are moving up market and ceding the lower markets to Nintendo. This will spell their doom. 3D in the PS3 is more likely, but it means that the focus is not on Move, where it needs to be, but on a 3D PS3. This will force the PS3 upmarket and mean that Sony is going to run from Nintendo. These both could end in the end of the Playstation line.

Can I have some of whatever you're smoking?!? I like to try once in a lifetime a lack of illogical sense, just for the heck of it... >_>

Remember that I am talking about disruption. Since Nintendo is disrupting Sony, Sony has only three responses

• Growth Driven Co-Option (Jump into the new market and take the growth from the disruptor)
  • Defensive Co-Option (Stop the disruptor at a teir, preventing them from moving upmarket)
  • Move up market

This would be an example of giving Nintendo the lower teirs and moving to more dedicated consumers. It seems logical at first, but Nintendo will keep following them upmarket until they have no where to run. 3D or a PS4 sounds like Sony is moving up tom more demanding customers (customers who buy moe on visuals). Here is a quote from the make who wrote disruption

As disruptive attackers follow their own sustaining trajectories, they make inroads into the low end of the market or begin pulling less demanding customers into a new context of use. What happens when the disruptive entrant begins to make inroads? A good way to visualize what incumbents can do when faced with a disruptive attack is to consider how humans respond to a perceived threat. Our body immediately reacts. We produce adrenaline. Our heart rate goes up. Our respiration rate goes up. Blood flow redirects from nonessential areas to critical areas. Our body is prepared for one of two actions: fight or flight.

Also, remember that disruptiong usually makes the incumbent (Sony and Micrsoft here) gone.

You do realize Move and 3D can not only exist together, but benefit from one another (Motion control in 3D). Using your logic, that could be Sony's attenpt to "Jump into the new market and take the growth from the disruptor"

I definately said PS4 at the4 end. Wierd. 

zero129 said:
leo-j said:

I've got a feeling they will announce playstation 4..

and guess what? The playstation 3 we all have will be playstation 4..

imagine they unlock the spu on the ps3 that isn't used, and bundle it with MOVE/3D GAMES/3D MOVIES and call it the ps4 lol it would work

that 1 extra SPU would not make much differance to the PS3 power, if they are going to unville a ps4 expect it to be something like a Cell with 9 or 10 SPUs and a much better GFX card since the geforce thats in ps3 sucks and the spus need to do most of the work anyways for us to get our good looking games, and about 1gig of ram.

dat would be enough to show almost a 2x jump in gfx and still be really cheap to make.

Actually, I think the next evolution of the Cell chip has 32 SPU's.    Couple that with 2-4 GB of DDR3 RAM and a better GPU and that'd be epicly amazing.

shuraiya said:
Smashchu2 said:
halil23 said:
Smashchu2 said:

Weird.

• Move up market

You do realize Move and 3D can not only exist together, but benefit from one another (Motion control in 3D). Using your logic, that could be Sony's attenpt to "Jump into the new market and take the growth from the disruptor"

Sony can't "Jump in," becuase they are preforming a Defensive co-option. This is where they just try to stop Nintendo at the current teir. Sony is giving up the lower teirs but blocking it from going further. This is perhaps why Move resembles  Microsft is a Growth Driving Co-option as it is trying to go after the new customers, and absord the new market. You can tell they are doing it because Speilberg's speach was, word-for-word, Reggie's speech from E3 06.

I'm not how they exist together. All they are is stoping Nintendo. They don't work together (esspecially as they fight over the same tiers).

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

So the PS3 WILL get another slim

thats V3 of the PS3 basically.

yeah could be the real SLIM

but i think it will be next year

Sony never called the 120gb SKU PS3 SLIM so we know that it is coming

Solid_Snake4RD said:
darthdevidem01 said:

What? I dont know what Sony put on the box where you live. But in the UK, It very clearly is the SLIM. Sony have already done it. There will be no new version of the PS3 now.

PS3 SLIM is written on the box in any UK store.

http://www.game.co.uk/Consoles/PlayStation-3/Sony-PlayStation-3-250GB-Slim-Console-/~r343677/

selnor said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
darthdevidem01 said:

What? I dont know what Sony put on the box where you live. But in the UK, It very clearly is the SLIM. Sony have already done it. There will be no new version of the PS3 now.

PS3 SLIM is written on the box in any UK store.

http://www.game.co.uk/Consoles/PlayStation-3/Sony-PlayStation-3-250GB-Slim-Console-/~r343677/

Well, it is the slim version, but it is NOT written on the box, hence the confusion:

<- amazon.co.uk

<- game.co.uk

leo-j said:

imagine they unlock the spu on the ps3 that isn't used, and bundle it with MOVE/3D GAMES/3D MOVIES and call it the ps4 lol it would work

Don't forgot another of the SPU's was dedicated to the other OS, so now there are two unused SPU's

*2 extra SPU'S to play with
*redesigned xmb
*PSN subscription
*Move
*3D gaming

so I agree they could be saying the PS3's new self is that different it could class itslef as the ps4

phinch1 said:
leo-j said:

Don't forgot another of the SPU's was dedicated to the other OS, so now there are two unused SPU's

*2 extra SPU'S to play with
*redesigned xmb
*PSN subscription
*Move
*3D gaming

so I agree they could be saying the PS3's new self is that different it could class itslef as the ps4

Uhm, how the hell would there be two extra SPUs to use in future PS3s? All of a sudden, the XMB (or whatever it will be called if it's redesigned) will not require one? And no way Sony will create PS3s with one extra functional SPU. Developers can create games with slightly better graphics, but alienate the entire current PS3 userbase. No way.

I agree with the rest, but the PS3 will remain every bit the hardware it is now.