By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Videogame FACTS that BLOW your mind! (Post some you know)

the_bloodwalker said:

Final Fantasy was heading to N64... and the demo was actually pretty damn good..... TT_TT

Final Fantasy VII was originally designed for the Nintendo 64, but Square cancelled the project and moved to the PSone because of the lack of space in the console's game cartridges. FFVII would've filled 13 cartridges.

In my opinion Twilight Princess is better than Ocarina of t... * gets shot *

Around the Network
MrT-Tar said:
miz1q2w3e said:
MrT-Tar said:
miz1q2w3e said:

seriously?  - - -  well here's a hint:

Damn it, that's not helping!

ok, ok...

it's goatse XD

this might help if you don't know what it means

... also, even though i doubt anybody will listen, DO NOT search for what it is, it's gross and also NOT safe for work!

*Googles Goatse*

Oh Dear God!  That's just not right!

Whatever you do, for god's sake do not search for tubgirl...

Unicorns ARE real - They are just fat, grey and called Rhinos

L1nkToTheFuture said:
the_bloodwalker said:

Final Fantasy was heading to N64... and the demo was actually pretty damn good..... TT_TT

Final Fantasy VII was originally designed for the Nintendo 64, but Square cancelled the project and moved to the PSone because of the lack of space in the console's game cartridges. FFVII would've filled 13 cartridges.

If you count the cutscenes and the enhanced audio, then you're right. But they could make a game without FMV.

It sucks that Square didn't any RPG for the N64, knowing that they could. I didn't have to be  FF you know

Not as interesting as some of the other facts in this thread but:

The original Unreal Tournament on PC didn't require an installation and could be run directly from the CD. This at a time when the trend was for most games to require full installations with the discs starting to be used for authentication only.

the_bloodwalker said:
L1nkToTheFuture said:
the_bloodwalker said:

If you count the cutscenes and the enhanced audio, then you're right. But they could make a game without FMV.

It sucks that Square didn't any RPG for the N64, knowing that they could. I didn't have to be  FF you know

If the PC version is anything to go by then it still needed over 200Mb of data, a lot more than the largest N64 game.

Around the Network
Scoobes said:

If the PC version is anything to go by then it still needed over 200Mb of data, a lot more than the largest N64 game.

The PC version is not a good reference. some cuts can be made like Capcom Did with RE2 (removing the FMVs who were very low quality) and Megaman 64(Legends).

Back on Topic:

Tomb Raider was originally designed with a male lead character

the_bloodwalker said:
Scoobes said:

The PC version is not a good reference. some cuts can be made like Capcom Did with RE2 (removing the FMVs who were very low quality) and Megaman 64(Legends).

Back on Topic:

Tomb Raider was originally designed with a male lead character

And they decided to make it a woman because the whole developer team used to select women when playing Virtua Fighter.

Later, her name was supposed to be Laura Cruz.

morenoingrato said:

I believe that simbol is just there because it looks kinda cool

I took that one in a temple in Tokyo.

that is such a good looking picture! the temple is really beautiful too.. and does everywhere in japan look that good?

here's another pokemon related pic:
(Goldenrod gym = Clefairy)

miz1q2w3e said:

that is such a good looking picture! the temple is really beautiful too.. and does everywhere in japan look that good?

here's another pokemon related pic:
(Goldenrod gym = Clefairy)

I've only been for one month and a half in Japan... It wish it would have been so much more! It's a beautiful country, indeed.

Off topic: If you are interested you can see more pictures here, here, here and there. I went to Japan thanks to a scholarship for a course on Eco Tourism management. I got my PS3 slim there by the way.