By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Nintendo E3 Pre Show-Get Ready!

1: Zelda Wii

2: 3DS

3: New game from Retro Studios

Think for yourself, question authority

Around the Network

My thoughts:

First, I think this is the biggest E3 in a long time, and I say that for everyone. This is where Microsoft and Sony need to show they are serious about motion controls and are not just putting up a facade. They need to be serious about countering Nintendo's efforts. Nintendo also needs to make sure they are prepaired for their attacks, as well as if they are planning to side step them or declair a full-scale war. This will be the first E3 where I watch each press conference. I will watch Nintendo's live and catch the other ones later (I work during Microsoft's and I wont care to watch Sony's right away in how giddy I am about Nintendo's stuff). I will definatly check out Microsoft's Natal party on Sunday. Move to me is more of a rip off, but Natal looks like it could be something, that is, if Microsoft can do it right and puts the effort forth.

Outside of mentioning stuff that has already been said, here is what I expect:

Pikmin 3, I think, will be shown during the conference. It will be only a trailer, but we may be able to play it. This one, I'm sure, will come out in 2011. Nintendo seems to put their core games that won't push the system in Q2/early Q3. They did it with Punch-Out. They did it with Galaxy 2 and Other M. I expect it to happen again with Pikmin 3.

Nintendo will definalty have a Mario game for the 3DS. It will either be Mario Kart or a 2D Mario, but I suspect the latter. Nintendo has realized that 3D Marios aren't cutting it. This is why Galaxy 2 got put in a dead period of the year where New Super Mario Bros. Wii was head of the 2009 holiday line-up. Interestingly, NSMB on the DS was released in May and Galaxy was released in November. Now, NSMBWii was released in Novermber and Galaxy 2 was released in May. How times have changed. They will probably have other DS series returning. Warioware will be there.

I expect (or maybe hope) that there will be a strong Motion Plus showing. Nintendo isn't going to let Sony and Microsoft counter their efforts. Zelda Wii will be the headliner for sure. I see it in 2010 for sure, probably right around Move's launch.

Oh, and we'll probably see Retro's next game. I sespect it will either be a neglected Nintendo franchise (Kid Icarus?) or an FPS, as I'm sure Nintendo would love one.

Now, what I hope is a lot. Star Fox with Motion Plus will make me run around my room like a mad man. For a while, I've wanted Star Fox with motion controls, and Motion Plus will be perfect. I would also like to see Nintendo push Kid Icarus. It already has such a rich world and I hope Nintendo takes advantage of it. I am a big fan of Masahiro Sakurai's games and I really want to see Project Sora. Multiplayer is a must.

One thing I want to see is how Nintendo will continue with it's idea of working more with other companies. Nintendo is doing this with Team Ninja and Mistwalker, and I want to see where they are going. I think Nintendo is doing this, by the way, because they realize the demand for games is high then what they can make. Nintendo is a small company for how much it earns, so they can't churn out games like they wish. I think this move is to pool developers so they can make more games. I suspect Nintendo is fitting a lot of the bills of course.

Also, it seems like a lot of Nintendo afiliates will have games for either 2010 or 2011. I maks me think there could be a lot of games shown. Hal Labs hasn't shown a game since Kirby Super Star Ultra. Next Level Games showed Punch-Out a year after Mario Strikers Charged. Maybe they will show their next game. I already mentioned Retro Studios.

Well, there you go. 9 Days left.

Zelda Wii

Donkey Kong Wii

Baten Kaitos III

Eternal Darkness Wii

Star-Fox Wii

F-Zero Wii

Super Mario RPG 2 Wii

Yoshi's Island Wii

Breath of Fire Wii

The Last Story and Xenoblade for America's Christmas

Dragon Quest X 

Chrono Trigger 3 for Wii

Secret of Mana for Wii

Final Fantasy V & VI Remake for Wii

Ill wish for an internaly developed Star Fox and/or F-Zero for Wii.

Ill look for Zelda Wii, Pikmin 3, and M:OM.

I find Shashchu2's idea that Nintendo will push WM to compete with Move and Natal interesting, bt whether or not itll happen is beyond me.

puffy said:

Seeing as we know we're going to get a 3DS and Zelda Wii blowout, I won't put them into my hopes/wants. These things are what I'm hoping for that we don't know is coming:

- Retro Studios new game shown

- Goldeneye 007 officially announced

- Revamped online system for the Wii, DS and 3DS

- Pikmin 3 officially announced

That's about it to be completely honest.. My two main wants are ZELDA!! OMG!!11 and the 3DS and they're coming so apart from that.. Maybe a surprise game coming to a Nintendo platform that make 'hardcore' gamers cry? That'd be fun :P

A new online system for 3DS will hopefully exist, but they won't concern their E3 with such trivialities. I bet it'll be absent till fall, and they definitely won't implement a new system on Wii. First off they would need a killer app worthy of promoting a new online system on the console as it stands, and a significant online game doesn't look to be in the cards, unless its Project Sora or whatever Retro Studios has been on.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

-Zelda Wii blowout

-Golden Sun release date

-Localizations for Last Window, Xenoblade, Last Story, Layton 3

-Pikmin 3 for the Wii

-Wario Land 5 for 3DS, and a tonne of information about the device

There's too much stuff coming out for Nintendo. This is why the show is an hour longer than usual. Here's what I'm thinking we'll see:

-Big influx of motion plus games for the Wii. Fling Smash and Zelda are the two we know of so far. I expect more than this. Project Hammer might be resurrected. Starfox Wii is a possibility.

-Vitality Sensor will be detailed. Wii Relax will be the main game. A few other games will be announced that have support for it. Luigi's Mansion 2, perhaps? A new Wii Fit w/ VS support would also be a no-brainer.

-Wii Party will be released in July packaged with a new Wii Remote that has the Motion Plus built into it (perhaps even more than that).

-Pikmin 3 will finally be announced.

-3DS and it's games will be the entire second half of the show. it will be a huge reveal. People's heads will explode.

I only want 5 minutes of Zelda, I don't care if then there are 1hr, 55 minutes of wii party

z-e-l-d-a

Its been 3 and a half years since the last Zelda game came out. I just want to see Link and Zelda again. Retro's game and Pikmin 3 will be cool too.

mortono said:

There's too much stuff coming out for Nintendo. This is why the show is an hour longer than usual. Here's what I'm thinking we'll see:

-Big influx of motion plus games for the Wii. Fling Smash and Zelda are the two we know of so far. I expect more than this. Project Hammer might be resurrected. Starfox Wii is a possibility.

-Vitality Sensor will be detailed. Wii Relax will be the main game. A few other games will be announced that have support for it. Luigi's Mansion 2, perhaps? A new Wii Fit w/ VS support would also be a no-brainer.

-Wii Party will be released in July packaged with a new Wii Remote that has the Motion Plus built into it (perhaps even more than that).

-Pikmin 3 will finally be announced.

-3DS and it's games will be the entire second half of the show. it will be a huge reveal. People's heads will explode.

Man, if Nintendo shows off what you said, they'd completely dominate E3 without question.

I think motion plus, and showing off more games that use it like Zelda, is going to be REALLY important for them, becuase it will show that Nintendo is serious about motion control and using it for the benefit of their games. My biggest cocern with Nintendo right now is their lack of Motion Plus games. Hopefully they will squelch my few dobuts about them in this regard..

I think Vitality Sensor will be more of a one trick pony, like the balance board with Wii Fit. But I hope they do show more than Wii Relax..