By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Morgan Webb rants about Super Mario Galaxy 2, hilariously bad reasons

Hynad said:

@ Rpruett: I do wonder how you got the idea that I'm a sports hater... ¬_¬

And just so you know,I (and many others here who don't act out of pure bad faith) could mention a lot of differences between Mario 64 and Galaxy. 

And you compared a Sega Genesis version of Madden to the latest version... hum...

Then, to be fair:

There was a great leap in every way from SNES Mario to Mario 64.  That's not in question. The question is, since Mario 64 where has the innovation been?  It's been minimal at best as far as I'm concerned.  It's the same over-arching principles with the same jumping /movement mechanics with comparable graphics, identical end goals.

And I took what Madden football looked like in 1996 compared to today. 

Around the Network
Rpruett said:

There was a great leap in every way from SNES Mario to Mario 64.  That's not in question. The question is, since Mario 64 where has the innovation been?  It's been minimal at best as far as I'm concerned.  It's the same over-arching principles with the same jumping /movement mechanics with comparable graphics, identical end goals.

Have you played SMG2?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

As far as I know, Pixar movies are family oriented.  They can be deeper for adults as they are more likely to understand the inherent morale in them.

A family is usually composed of both children and adults

Now as far as I know, games like Super Mario have the "E for Everyone" classification.

Now, like Pixar movies, I don't see why the absence of blood and gore, intense violence, sexual themes or strong language would make them any less suited for an adult audience.

Rpruett said:

Most of the innovation in Mario games have come in their stellar level designs.  The inclusion of the Wii-mote also added new features, and Yoshi in SMG2 also brings his share of innovative features as well as the new power-ups.

But you are right though.  Super Mario games are still in the same genre they were years ago. Platforming.  And as far as the world is concerned (as a majority) , he's still the king. ^^,

When I think about FPSs, I have an opinion very similar to the one you have concerning Mario games.  Yet, there are still some gems that stand out from time to time.  Sadly though, they have to rely on great storytelling to hide the fact that the gameplay doesn't do anything new, or barely a few baby-steps.

Rpruett said:

If you truly believe this, then you either haven't played the 3D Mario games very much, or you have a very superficial perceptive of games.  Take 64 to Galaxy.  The reintroduction of linearity and the way that Galaxy was specifically designed and structured to reduce/eliminate the need to control the camera, all while maintaining Mario in 3D, are radical changes from the open-world, free movement design that 64 was.  This is an even more drastic change than the short, arcade-like Mario 3 was to the exploration-based Mario World.

But if you really think that the two are the same...well, we won't be able to continue this conversation.

KylieDog said:

You people are unreal.

Would you mind explaining yourself before passively aggressively irritating all of us.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
dtewi said:
KylieDog said:
noname2200 said:

I feel bad for KylieDog, this time because he never watches Pixar or Dreamworks movies.  What a sad life.

Those family movies?

You would think that but then you need ignore my posts to reach that conclusion.  Well done.

I don't even know what your point is.

According to you, since Pixar films are aimed at children, only children should watch them?

You people are unreal.

Super Mario games are aimed at families as well.

And since they are for families, they aren't adult.  Adults are no part of a family.

/sarcasm

dtewi said:
KylieDog said:

You people are unreal.

Would you mind explaining yourself before passively aggressively irritating all of us.

Before?

I'm increasingly of the opinion that KylieDog's real problem is an inability to accurately express himself, combined with a very short frustration point that the rest of us just don't get what he's saying.  He may not mean what everyone in this thread interprets him as saying, but the fact that all of us (apparently) misunderstand him is on him, not us. 

So, KylieDog, let's take it from the top.  Without reference to any previous post in this thread, please tell us what is your opinion on the thread topic.

How dare she think for herself and express a personal opinion.  Makes you wonder why we ever allowed women to vote or work or something.

Let's get her fired!

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

fastyxx said:

How dare she think for herself and express a personal opinion.  Makes you wonder why we ever allowed women to vote or work or something.

Let's get her fired!

FOR GOD'S SAKE.

We're not mad about her having an opinion, but the basis on which she sets the opinion!

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you