By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official VGC World Cup Thread and Prediction League

gg germany

very good end match !

Time to Work !

Around the Network
Maynard_Tool said:

Messi is the best... when wearing the Barcelona Jersey

Messi is the best when he has two monsters behind called Iniesta and Xavi that would even make a talentless bloke like me score goals....

zexen_lowe said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Messi is the best... when wearing the Barcelona Jersey

Messi is the best when he has two monsters behind called Iniesta and Xavi that would even make a talentless bloke like me score goals....

Reminder

There were a few games that neither Xavi or iniesta played last season.... messi still scored like 7 goals in one week.

Messi is the best.... with barcelona.

zexen_lowe said:
pariz said:

Good thing for Uruguay to pass, though the way they won was very Latin American. Mario Kempes in 1978 stopped a ball with his hands, later, the goalie stopped the penalty shot. Argentina was world champion after that.

Ps @zexen: What would you do if you had to support either Brazil or England in a world cup final? No cheating.

:P

England

What Suárez did is NOT cheating, it's playing football, if I was a coach and a player didn't do that he'd never play under me again, you gotta do your utmost to save the ball from going in specially when it's min 120, it's exactly the same as commiting a professional foul, you do it so your team has another chance, the punishment is fine, Gyan failed the penalty, tough luck. If that were so, all players that ever commited a professional fouls would be cheaters. Fuck that, commiting a foul has to be cheating, right, in the end, it's violating the rules so you get an advantage (cut the advancement), so that player has to be a fucking cheater, right?

Please, the things you gotta read in this site...

He did what any athelete worth his salt would of did in the same situation.

still, committing a foul IS cheating.  That's why they are fouls... and doing it so intentionally is likely what warrants complaining.  Just how not everbody complains when someone hits someone, but when it's an VERY obvious headbutt.. people talk.

Still.  ANY athelete would of did it.  Or like I said... any athelete who cares about winning.

The reactions went all the same way at the bar I was at.

"Damn did you see that it was cheap"

"He totally blocked that intentioanlly."

"I'd of done the same thing though."

"Oh you have to."

"Yeah I mean it's the world cup and if that goes in, you just lose."

Maynard_Tool said:

Deutschland, Deut...

uhmm... that is not the verse we want to hear sung .. as far as I know it's banned here in germany (and only used by Nazis), as it contains old and now wrong geographical borders and the very controverse sentence "germany, germany over all" (although that is ment as "priorize your country over everything else in live")

please go with this one:

Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit für das Deutsche Vaterland. Danach lasst uns alle streben brüderlich mit Herz und Hand, Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit sind des Glückes Unterpfand. Blüh' im Glanze dieses Glückes, blühe deutsches Vaterland. Blüh' im Glanze dieses Glückes, blühe deutsches Vaterland.

Around the Network

ICH LIEBE Deutsche LAND !!

CrazyHorse said:

Oh come on, there is clearly a difference between blocking a certain goal in the last seconds of such an important game compared to almost 'any foul'. I think you'll find that when any one talks about this game they will mention the handball and not some foul committed in the 37th minute or whatever.

I would argue that a normal foul is not cheating as you don't have the intent of playing unfairly (i.e you are genuinely trying to win the ball) as opposed to a professional foul.

Look, I'm not saying that I don't understand why he did it or that in his place I would even have done differently myself but that doesn't mean i don't think it was cheating.

Ok, so it's cheating if it's done in the 90th minute and it's not if it's done in the 5th. Gotcha

Lafiel said:
Maynard_Tool said:

Deutschland, Deut...

uhmm... that is not the verse we want to hear sung .. as far as I know it's banned here in germany (and only used by Nazis), as it contains old and now wrong geographical borders and the very controverse sentence "germany, germany over all" (although that is ment as "priorize your country over everything else in live")

please go with this one:

Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit für das Deutsche Vaterland. Danach lasst uns alle streben brüderlich mit Herz und Hand, Einigkeit und Recht und Freiheit sind des Glückes Unterpfand. Blüh' im Glanze dieses Glückes, blühe deutsches Vaterland. Blüh' im Glanze dieses Glückes, blühe deutsches Vaterland.

o0o0o0 but the other one is better

Danke xd

zexen_lowe said:
CrazyHorse said:

Oh come on, there is clearly a difference between blocking a certain goal in the last seconds of such an important game compared to almost 'any foul'. I think you'll find that when any one talks about this game they will mention the handball and not some foul committed in the 37th minute or whatever.

I would argue that a normal foul is not cheating as you don't have the intent of playing unfairly (i.e you are genuinely trying to win the ball) as opposed to a professional foul.

Look, I'm not saying that I don't understand why he did it or that in his place I would even have done differently myself but that doesn't mean i don't think it was cheating.

Ok, so it's cheating if it's done in the 90th minute and it's not if it's done in the 5th. Gotcha

That's hardly what I said is it. Cheating is cheating full stop whenever it happens but are you seriously telling me that you can't understand why someone would talk about that hand ball incident over any normal foul? As if I'm likely to take notes on every foul so that I can complain on an internet message board in the same manor as when such a major incident like that handball occurs.

Shit. I am kind of sad.

At the same time, I am really impressed by Germany. They did their best match in the World Cup so far. Actually, this was the best football I´ve seen in the World Cup so far. They had a challenging opponent in front of them but they manage to play their game and keep things in control. We can argue about how that early goal changed things and about what would have happened if Argentina had tied the score when the match was still 0-1, but that doesn't change the fact that they worked as a team that knew what they wanted and how to get it.