By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official VGC World Cup Thread and Prediction League

Hey, marciosmg!

It was about time Brazil played a real match. Let's see how it goes today and all of your confidence might be well-founded proven.

Around the Network

that Por - Bra game was brilliant, they did what Messi did with Maradonna's famous '86 goal, a 1:1 copy, but of a whole game, the Uruguay - France match as a tribute to the by far most boring 90 minutes this WC has seen, lol

De85 said:

As an American I seriously don't think I can watch another US match... Every one has taken at least a year off of my life from the stress, and I doubt if the pressure of single-elimination will make it any easier...

For the record I'm somewhat of a new soccer fan, and this is the first World Cup I've actually watched.  Is it always like this?  Besides imbibing massive amounts of alcohol, how do you guys cope?

This one has been quite dull for me. That's the actual matches, not very good on the whole but as for the results this world cup is probably the best for that. Last WC finalist both out, all European teams starting slow etc.

If you found this one stressful then thank whatever god you pray to that this one was your first. Any of the previous ones would have had you on a respirator.

@ Lord Flashheart)

Well, he is a USA supporter and all of the US games were pretty intense and probably 10x as intense if you are supporting them.

Another referee going out from this WC...really, who picked this guy to referee the most important match in the group stage...people in the FIFA are idiots

Around the Network
Lafiel said:

@ Lord Flashheart)

Well, he is a USA supporter and all of the US games were pretty intense and probably 10x as intense if you are supporting them.

Yeah the England ones were for me as well compared to other games. Apart from that if you're new to the wc I don't think the quality on display this time would make a good enough overall impression. Good thing for him the US made it through.

zexen_lowe said:

Yessssssss, take that, Italy!!!

They're out, no catenaccio anymore in the WC. Very deserved so, Slovakia played much better and Italy sucked during all the WC, ruled out goal or not, they deserve to be out

i really think you shouldnt laugh every time some strong team loses a game...it might come back and bit you in the ass...you know what i mean.

pizzahut451 said:
zexen_lowe said:

They're out, no catenaccio anymore in the WC. Very deserved so, Slovakia played much better and Italy sucked during all the WC, ruled out goal or not, they deserve to be out

i really think you shouldnt laugh every time some strong team loses a game...it might come back and bit you in the ass...you know what i mean.

Sometimes I think about that too. But we wouldn't be argentinians if we didn't have big mouths.

Yay Spain won!

pizzahut451 said:
zexen_lowe said:

Good luck finding a team that I care enough for me to be pissed if they lose...and no, I don't care about Argentina losing