By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The Official VGC World Cup Thread and Prediction League

Lord Flashheart said:
haxxiy said:
kennyrester said:
De85 said:

Maybe it's just because I'm an ignorant American that I don't get it, but can someone who really understands the game explain to me why that last goal of ours idn't count?  Even the English commentators covering the game for ESPN thought it should have...

Bad refereeing

This. The USA should have won. 

That. Nice to see dodgy refereeing benefiting England for once

Bad refeering doesn't even begin to explain it.  They called a foul on the one guy who had no contact with anybody!   I mean, I think that's the worst call I've seen in a sporting event.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Lord Flashheart said:
haxxiy said:
kennyrester said:
De85 said:

Maybe it's just because I'm an ignorant American that I don't get it, but can someone who really understands the game explain to me why that last goal of ours idn't count?  Even the English commentators covering the game for ESPN thought it should have...

Bad refereeing

Bad refeering doesn't even begin to explain it.  They called a foul on the one guy who had no contact with anybody!   I mean, I think that's the worst call I've seen in a sporting event.

It was pretty bad but nothing compared to this not being seen:

IN A WORLD CUP FINAL!

@ footballfan)

that goal was in a quarterfinal against England 1986 and right after this one Maradonna scored the official "goal of the century"

FootballFan said:
Kasz216 said:
Lord Flashheart said:
haxxiy said:
kennyrester said:
De85 said:

Bad refereeing

IN A WORLD CUP FINAL!

I consider bad calls worse then Non calls personally.

FootballFan said:
Kasz216 said:
Lord Flashheart said:
haxxiy said:
kennyrester said:
De85 said:

Bad refereeing

IN A WORLD CUP FINAL!

Man, it was not in the world cup final! Check it out. Argentina played '86 final match against Germany.

By the way, I couldn't see USA match today cause I was at work, but back at home I did. My god, USA was robbed. The thing is I gained lots of respect for that team after what they did against England the other day and the epic match they played today.

Around the Network
pariz said:
FootballFan said:
Kasz216 said:
Lord Flashheart said:
haxxiy said:
kennyrester said:
De85 said:

Bad refereeing

IN A WORLD CUP FINAL!

Man, it was not in the world cup final! Check it out. Argentina played '86 final match against Germany.

By the way, I couldn't see USA match today cause I was at work, but back at home I did. My god, USA was robbed. The thing is I gained lots of respect for that team after what they did against England the other day and the epic match they played today.

On the bright side, after the horrible Job england did the USA is still controlling their fate.  They just need to beat Algeria and they SHOULD be fine.

They were robbed though, had they won they'd of been looking at the top spot and could of probably snuck by for another round once the elims start.

Oh well.  It's been a crazy worldcup.   New ball and the south's different grass style really has thrown some for a loop.

Who woulda thaught Germany would lose. Klose was really really stupid. And Podolski lost too many goals and thats not even counting the penalty.

One more thing, England couldnt do anything against Algeria? Seriously?

The one good thing about this is that this World Cup isnt that predictable.

Sunday is Brazil's next game. Drogba should play from the start. Lets see what happens.

www.jamesvandermemes.com

Im sucking in the prediction league u.u

Maynard_Tool said:

That's what you get for predicting Mexico losing.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Falcon095 said:
Maynard_Tool said:

That's what you get for predicting Mexico losing.

And germany, EUA, England, Spain winning =(