By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Will time travel ever be possible?

Time travel movies fascinate me. There's not many of them,but I just love the concept. I guess this is because my life has been nothing but one disappointment after another,but anyways I love time travel movies. Who does'nt remember the great back to the future trilogy,my favorite trilogy of all time. I also like the orginal Time Machine movie,the remake just sucked. You also have the mediocre Time cop from back in the day. I also want to see hot tub time machine when it comes out on DVD. So my question is can anyone name more time travel movies and will time travel ever be possible?

Around the Network

Haven't you heard?

PS3 - it can do everything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEYexnoNIi0

There you go.

Kratos_36 said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEYexnoNIi0

There you go.

Thanks for the link. I'll probably watch this later this week.

I'm going to go with No.

Or at least... not the past.  Time traveling to the future will one day be possible... You just get in a ship that flies near the speed of light.  Bam it's basically time travel as you hardly age while the world around you ages.

That's it though in my mind.

If it does happen though, somebody should prove me wrong... time travel back and tell me... and give me some sort of immortality pill or something while they're at it.

Around the Network

We are always time traveling into the future. If you want to travel into the future quicker, move faster (get in a space ship that can go near the speed of light for example).

I don't believe traveling back in time is possible. General relativity forbids it. Although there are some experiments designed to show that the future can affect the past.

If time traveling into the past is possible why hasn't someone from the future already told us?  

I just know if time travel is possible and available to the public then we're all screwed.

Yes.

That guy watching you is from the future.  He "knows".

We already know how to time travel to the future, we just can't feasibly do it yet.  It just involves going really really really fast (99% speed of light) and you travel forward in time!  You can also stand next to a really really really heavy object and you'll travel through time slower. 

Traveling to the past is another story.  People thought you could do it through wormholes but if you could travel to the past then you could create a paradox.  The universe doesn't like that so it does every thing it can to stop you from traveling to the past.  If a wormhole was opened up that was large enough for you to travel through, it would instantly create a feedback radiation loop that would instantly destroy.  That's the universes way of not letting you create paradoxes.

i cant see it being possible.

But on the other hand there once might of been 2 kids talking to each other back in the year 600AD in medieval England who would of stabbed you with there blacksmiths sword if you said there might be such thing as the internet and that one day you'll be able to fly 35,000 foot in the air to other countries in hours.

we could just be doing the same thing right now!! :)

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website