By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Bought new gaming PC :D

Here is what I got:

- 2.8Ghz Intel Core i7-860 Quad Core processor that overclocks into 3.46Ghz if necessary
- ATI HD Radeon 5850 with 1GB of VRAM
- 8GB DDR3 Memory
- 1.5TB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drive; 16X DVD±R/RW SuperMulti Drive
- Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader

There is also like 6 USB ports in the back and 4 in the front, seriously when am I going to use those? ~.^

Bought the PC so I can play Final Fantasy XIV: Online at the max settings. and my first new purchase for this PC is a game called: The Witcher!

Anyways, do you think I got a good PC? :D

Around the Network

Wow...good enough I guess, my PC is much less powerful and I can still play fairly well in hi-def every game I tried except for Crysis. The graphics card is not on top but still very good.

I think I can play Crysis at the max. If I am reading the specs right. I would have to buy it first. But the game is only like 7-10 dollars on eBay.

and I will be milking the CRAP out of this PC. If a game comes out for PC/Consoles. I am getting it for the PC unless it is FF/Star Ocean/Xeno/VP related. Those must stay on my PS3. :D

Dude, that's an expensive CPU. Not sure you need that. Nor the 8 gigs of ram. (Or that power for a VC to be honest.) But hey, good stuff. In teh future when this will become slow you will be able to ad another one of those Video Cards and you are set for life.
Congrats.

ithis said:
Dude, that's an expensive CPU. Not sure you need that. Nor the 8 gigs of ram. (Or that power for a VC to be honest.) But hey, good stuff. In teh future when this will become slow you will be able to ad another one of those Video Cards and you are set for life.
Congrats.

Assuming he bought a motherboard that has crossfire capabilities...

Around the Network
ithis said:
Congrats.

Thanks!

Also has anyone here ever played The Witcher?

I hear it has some problems with running on Windows 7, but there is a way to get around that. Also do I just go to the website to get the Directors Cut patch for the extra content that was cut out of the US version?

disolitude said:
ithis said:
Congrats.

Assuming he bought a motherboard that has crossfire capabilities...

Yeah, I got that too ^^

Better to have too much CPU than too little. In my experience it's always been the first thing obsolete and the biggest pain in the ass to replace, at least for me. Generally for me a new cpu also = a new mobo.

Check out ArmA 2 if you have the time, well worth the investment, especially if you can get into a group of regular players since it's full of communities that range from dick around to in depth sim-types.

Sounds really future proof wagram!!

Have the specs for FFXIV been revealed?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Sounds really future proof wagram!!

Have the specs for FFXIV been revealed?

Operating System
Windows XP SP3
Windows Vista?32-bit / 64-bit SP2
Windows 7?32-bit / 64-bit

CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo (2.4 GHz)