By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Final Fantasy Versus XIII might not be on E3

Xxain said:
Darth anc Carl fiercely arguing? What is about FF that gets ppl so harmonal?

I think you mean hormonal, Harmonal kinda suggests they are getting on just fine :p

As for me "kinda" agreeing with Darth, I see what Carl is saying, a 360 version will undoubtably delay the game but at the same time...5yrs is a long time to be waiting for something all the same...so best to just curb your enthusiasm before hand and not because it's going to the 360.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
Ajescent said:
Xxain said:

I think you mean hormonal, Harmonal kinda suggests they are getting on just fine :p

As for me "kinda" agreeing with Darth, I see what Carl is saying, a 360 version will undoubtably delay the game but at the same time...5yrs is a long time to be waiting for something all the same...so best to just curb your enthusiasm before hand and not because it's going to the 360.

but Carl has a point SE swore that VS would be exclusive, thus to come back and say naah nevermind we want 360 version day date so you guys have to to wait....again..its about the morality too.

But I don't think "delay" is the right term.
It was never confirmed to release at a specific date in the first place so it's not exactly "delayed".

Xxain said:
Ajescent said:
Xxain said:

but Carl has a point SE swore that VS would be exclusive, thus to come back and say naah nevermind we want 360 version day date so you guys have to to wait....again..its about the morality too.

But then again, they also swore FF13 would be exclusive worldwide and look how that turned out, if you are going boycott the game, do it because SE are liars or timewasters not because of the 360.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Carl2291 said:
darthdevidem01 said:

mtlca66 must be a genius, he's one of the only ones that did.

I never put forward a point saying you didn't want it to be on xbox 360.

You said in your own words in your first post in this thread the following

If it isn't at E3 then i will be pretty much convinced that they have delayed it even further to make a 360 version.

If true, then fuck you, Square Enix. You just lost a buyer. Will turn straight into a rental, if that.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3442854&page=1&postnum=6

1. You made 2 faulty assumptions followed by an outlandish statement with hateful tones

Your first assumption saying this means they have delayed it for xbox 360 is UNFOUNDED, I have proof* otherwise saying there were other reasons for the delay all the way back from February:

Source:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ff-versus-xiii-might-not-make-e3

Your second assumption was acting like the delay would be MASSIVE. 

You have waited for this game for 4 YEARS thinking its exclusive, now any delay cause by xbox 360 shouldn't exceed the 4 years you have already waited, in fact any delay caused by the 360 version shouldn't exceed 1 year.

And why aren't you answering my question, if you didn't know date specifics why did you make the first post you made in this thread?

Yes you did. http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/post.php?post=3443067&page=2&postnum=14

Fair enough, that point was proven wrong. If it isn't at E3 it doesn't necessarily mean that it will be because of a 360 port. But the fact remains that if they DO make a 360 version, it will delay the release of the game. It's not like a 360 version would be made with a click of the finger.

And it's likely that the delay would still be... As you said. A delay. We don't know how long the delay would be, but it is STILL a delay. It would probably be a few months. Can i prove it? No. I don't need to. It's common sense. It took 15 weeks for 2 PS2 games to be ported to the PS3. That's close enough to 4 Months. For a couple of PS2 games. Nevermind a full HD Final Fantasy game to be ported!!

And you really want an answer to that stupid question? Fine.

If the PS3 version was to release here in January. I would buy it. If it was made Multiplat, and was to release in December. I would rent it. Happy?

1. Yes I should have said delay on that point, but I am 52% right there still.

We waited 4 YEARS thinking it was exclusive, 4 and a half if multiplat is announced around TGS

So what does a few more months of delay make a difference after waiting for 4 years, why does this "few months" turn the game from a Buy to a Rent....I mean this isn't a war.

All I know is if I waited for a game for 4.5 years & then found out it was delayed for another console and that the delay would last a few months (or heck even 12 months), I would still be JUST as hyped (providing good trailers released) & I'd still buy it.

Thank you for answering the intelligent question, so your threshold is 12 months then, even though you might get a christmas bonus in December.

What if it released in November?

Its highly unlikely it will be delayed by 12 months due to xbox 360 & its unlikely its even going to xbox 360 in the first place, this is gonna be like the MGS4 scenario, several sources say they think it might happen but it never does.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

i really wanted to see if SE can maximize the PS3 hardware. Maybe it could have been the 1st game to release on 2 blu ray disks??? (that would have been like 6-8 disks on 360). Oh well....

Xxain said:
Ajescent said:
Xxain said:

Here is where I agree

If it goes multiplat they LIED for 4 YEARS straight & even said "Yes FFXIII has gone multiplat but we promise Versus Will be PS3 only". I hate it when I am lied to, its incorrect & immoral.

But still its not even 1% of a deal breaker for my purchase intent towards the game.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I agree with most that this has good probabilities to mean that it will be ported to another platform. It only remains to be determined whether it will be to PC, Wii, XB360 or all of the three, potential user base would suggest, unless moneyhatting happens, PC or Wii, with XB360 a distant third.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Ajescent said:
Xxain said:
Ajescent said:
Xxain said:

But then again, they also swore FF13 would be exclusive worldwide and look how that turned out, if you are going boycott the game, do it because SE are liars or timewasters not because of the 360.

Very, true...maybe its just are fault for constantly having faith in this company. The faster ppl realize SE is not SONY aligned anymore the quicker stuff like this because a "meh"

Xxain said:
Jdevil3 said:
I really didn't want this to turn into one of those Final Fantasy hate threads :S

And why does everyone think delay=Xbox 360 version in the works? :P

The game hasn't even been announced for that platform, lol. It says it's for PlayStation 3 on Final Fantasy Versus XIII's official site :P

Versus Xlll will going to 360 thatsinevitable. Its a question of when and how will it effect the development cycle.

Maybe it's inevitable... but as long as they don't make it official, the game remains a PlayStation 3 exclusive and we probably shouldn't be asuming Square has started porting it to the Xbox 360 and that it will be delayed :P

We don't even know if it's being ported or not :P

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P