By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Recommend Wii games for public library

A friend who works in a public library needs to compile a list of Wii games, they just decided it's time to include Wii games in their catalogue. They're going to buy Wii games for about 3000,- Euro. I promised to help him compile that list, which I already began. I'd appreciate if you help me with that, because I don't know much about fighting games, role play games, FPS and some other genres I don't play.

- only Wii games that are (still) available in europe

- majority needs to be family friendly

- best games in each genre need to be included

- not too many games in each genre, it needs to be as wide a compilation as possible

Here's the list I compiled:

Animal Crossing
Anno (Dawn of Discovery)
Another Code: R
Big brain academy
Boom Blox: Smash Party
Bully
Carnival Games
Castlevania Judgement
De Blob
Der magische Stift
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
EA Playground
EA Sports Active
EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis
Endless Ocean 2
Fire Emblem
Geheimakte Tunguska
House of the Dead Overkill
Klonoa
Lets Tap
Little Kings Story
Marbles! Balance Challenge
Mario Kart Wii
Mario & Sonic bei den Olympischen Spielen
Mario & Sonic bei den Olympischen Winterspielen
Mercury Meltdown Revolution
Mini Ninjas
Monster Hunter tri
Munchables
Musamasa: The Demon Blade
My Sims Kingdom
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Order Up
Overlord: Dark Legend
Pikmin (New Play Control)
Punch Out
Puzzle Quest
Rabbids Go Home
Rayman Raving Rabbids: TV Party
Red Steel 2
Resident Evil 4
Samba de Amigo
Shaun White Snowboarding
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Smarty Pants
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Monkey Ball: Step & Roll
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Tak: Das Geheimnis des glühenden Kristalls
Tales of Symphonia
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash Up
The Conduit
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10
Trauma Center – New Blood
Wario Land – The Shake Dimension
Wario Ware – Smooth Moves
Wii Fit Plus
Wii Family Ski
Wii Music
Wii Play inkl. Wii-Fernbedienung
Zack & Wiki – Der Schatz von Barbaros
Zelda Twilight Princess

Around the Network

lucky. i wish my library would do games

anywho:
Okami
Metroid Prime 3:Corruption
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Geometry Wars:Galaxies (dont know if that is in your area)

these are some i can think of right off the top of my head. ill try to think of more.

Don't know why I forgot Okami ^_^' loved the game. Metroid Prime Trilogy is fine too, but I don't think Corruption is needed then. Geometry Wars is available over here and has just been added to the list.

how about:

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Blast Works
CoD: W@W

im trying to think of morem RPG's that you dont have listed. dont really have alot until later.

I'm going to include Star Wars, and Blast Works if it's cheap, but I don't know about CoD. Which shooters would you recommend as the best of the genre?
Yeah, I still need RPG's, don't know any of them.

Around the Network

shooters eh? well other than CoD there is:
MoH: heroes 2
RE Darkside/Umbrella Chronicles
Dead space extraction

you got alot of good wii shooters already up there to.
and as for rpg's:
FF Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
FF Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of time
FF Fables: chocobo's dungeon
Opoona
Dragon Quest Swords.

ill try to think of and find more but there isnt a whole lot until later when games like Xenoblade, arc rise fantasia, The Last Story, and Tales of Graces.

Hasn't there been a lot of negative comments about Crystal Bearers? And Opoona looks really weird, I don't know if it's that appealing.

As I mentioned, I don't know much about RPG's. Recommendations should ideally include excellent games but exclude lots of similar games. As the Wii list is already kind of large, I think there's only room for about 3 to 4 RPGs. Or convince me of the need for more

Anyway, TX109, thanks a lot for your input. Please continue!

Games I think you should add to your list are bolded

Echoes of time got bad ratings because it is a port of the DS game (and probably should be played on the DS instead of the Wii). Probably not worth it as there are a lot of other good games. Mario Strikers Charged is by far the best multiplayer game on the Wii, so it is a must add over titles like Opoona or Echoes of Time.

As for RPG's there is Dokapon Kingdom which I've heard is a great party game/RPG and a lot of fun. This would be different from your main RPGs and would broaden your selection of game mechanics.

Also, if you can find it (isn't sold new anymore) get The Godfather: Blackhand Edition. It's an ok sandbox game with superb motion controls. That game alone makes me wonder why no one has made a good sandbox game with those controls. I'd say it's better than Bully or Scarface in terms of controls, but not too sure on overall gameplay as I only really played The Godfather.

F1 2009 is a good option for a racer. So far as I know it's one of the best racers available outside MKWii and Excite Truck (which you also don't have listed)

Battalion Wars 2 for a good strategy war game and is family friendly.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

From the titles in the OP it seems you are from Germany or Austria, so maybe this site will help you: http://www.zimmer101.de/wii-spiele/spielegenres.html (as far as I know the guy who manages this site is a VGC member).

As you already have the point&click adventure Geheimakte Tunguska (Secret Files outside the German speaking area) in your list, which is a good choice imo, I recommend to put Geheimakte 2: Puritas Cordis (Secret Files 2) on the list as well.

An even better p&c adventure which would be good for a public library imo is the classic Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars - Directors Cut (Baphomets Fluch in GER/AUT).

I didn't see Mario Party 8 on your list. I'd add that too.