By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - 11 movies based on games coming to theatres

1.  Street Fightr - Not  like Van Damme movie, this one will be centered around Chun Li.  Sounds interesting but can't get over Van Damme - probably will be a dud.  Also, Hyde Park Entertainment is making the film -  never heard of em.

2.  World of Warcraft -  9 milion people on line playing this game?  Lord of the Rings Trilogy like, but I can't see it being as good.  The studio has $100 mil. for the film - epic.

3.  Halo - I wouild watch this just cause I liked Halo series, but Jackson is not in charge anymore so don't know what is to come of it, but I'm sure it will be made.

4.  The Sims - wtf?  How can this be a movie?   "No story, no main characters, and no marketing angle? "No problem!" proclaimed 20th Century Fox" 

5.  Gears of War - I would watch this just to see the chainsaw action, but no director yet and no actor signed on but New Line is making the film, Stuart Beattie on Script, and  Gear designer Cliff Bleszinski will serve as an executive producer.

6.   Tekken - this moive has been postponed three times, and now they will try to bring it in 2009.  "Enter the Dragon meets Letal Weapon!"  Sounds good.

7.  Onimusha - I never played this game.   "Capcom has teamed with Davis Films to bring its samurai /demon showdown to the big screen. The plot outline involves the dreaded undead warlord Nobunaga, who captures two women in an effort to do some terrible mischief, and two warriors who battle his minions"    If it's anything like Big Trouble in Little China, then I'll defintely watch it.  Takeshi Kaneshiro will star.

8.  Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Demonic Nazis?  How cool is that?  This movie is on hold for now cause of the Writer's strike. 

9.  Prince of Persia - Mike Newell will star.  Sounds good to me.

10.  Max Payne - Hell yah!  I loved this game.  And Mark Wahlberg is Max!  

11.   God of War - The Script is done but the progress of the film is hidden.   Djimon Hounsou to star.

What do you think?  Which movie to watch and which ones to stay away from?

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/gaming-on-the-big-screen/1171484

Around the Network

Djimon Hounsou? What are they thinking?

I have consistently been totally disinterested in God of War -- looks like the movie will be no different.

World of Warcraft, Max Payne et. al look generically terrible (although there isn't such a blatantly terrible casting choice to criticize, either). The only one I might have interest in is The Sims, simply because its structure gives directors a chance to do something creative and not just ye olde canned action movie (I rarely enjoy action movies). I won't hold out much hope, but it's possible, I guess.  

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

I will definitely see Gears Of War and God Of War, and maybe Halo. I don't expect them to be good though.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

Ugh. All of those sound terrible, especially The Sims.

Has there ever been a good video-game movie? I thought Silent Hill was ok. The rest, not so much...

Mark Wahlberg as Max Payne would be awesome!

Around the Network

I only want to see the Max Payne one. Rest really don't interest me and fall like most games into movies. Unless its RE of course, but totally fucked up the storyline in those movies.

All of them will suck, and we all know that!

RE: Extinction is probably one of the worst movies I've seen in my life!

For some reason I have a really bad feeling that they will manage to screw up all of them.

PC Gamer

No Metal Gear Solid = fail.

Kojima has a hand in writing the script and directing the film, so it should be great, for lovers of the series at least.