By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony: Microsoft "did not outsell PS3 2:1 during Black Friday week."

If Sony pulled the lead, they would have been screaming the numbers off every rooftop. There would be no mention about any 'policy' about not releasing data before NPD.

It's funny how they have no policy when it comes to percentage increases, but release actual data, heaven forbid!

Around the Network

Now, by PS3, does sony mean PS2 and PSP in addition to the PS3, like the last time?

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

Jhlennon, actually, I thought sony already did comment, with percentages...if they know the percentage, then they must know the actual numbers. MS just came out with a response to Sony's so called percentage increase. I believe Sony was the one tooting their horn first.

Currently Playing:

Sony quoted percentages but that didn't tell us anything other then having us speculate blindly and achieve nothing.

Waiting for the NPD data is all one can do at this point.

Any time a company uses percentages in relation to a previous period as a replacement for hard numbers, they have something to hide. It usually means they're fudging numbers through percentages (look, we're xx% over last year with no reference to where "last year's" numbers came from... probably an intern in the basement) or that someone else in the industry is handing them their ass.

In this case, it's probably a little of both. If they really had great numbers to show us, you can bet your ass they would be standing outside their corporate headquarters with a bullhorn.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Yeah, rocketpig hit it right on the head. Obviously there is a reason they have misleading press releases, for people like you, who bought into the BS, clearly they wouldn't do that if everyone was smart enough to know better, instead of being blinded by the fanboyism for their console of choice. The rest of us know better.

Currently Playing:

Dont take NPD sales as the actually sales

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

Wasn't PS3 originally supposed to butcher xbox360 and Wii at this point of it's life anyway?

The main point is that 2:1 or 1.75:1 doesn't matter at all - PS3 has a big FLOP sign on it's forhead, and has to start outselling x360 soon(in america), and even if it does, it has a lot catching up to do

Lost tears of Kain said:
Dont take NPD sales as the actually sales

Then what sales "are" the actual sales? The NPD is the best source, you need to accept that. Nintendo/Microsoft/Sony all release offical reports based on NPD data and NPD data is regarded as the most accurate tracking hardware/software in the US. That is just the way it is.