By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - R.I.P. Gary Coleman

From Diffrent Strokes to Video Games, he will be missed.

Gary Coleman Dies

Gary Coleman, best known for his role as Arnold in the 1970s-80s sitcom Diff'rent Strokes, died today of injuries he suffered in a fall at his Utah home. Coleman, who also appeared in 2003's Postal 2, was 42.

TMZ reported Coleman's death just past 12:30 p.m. U.S. Mountain time. He had been in a Provo, Utah hospital since Wednesday, admitted in critical condition with unspecified injuries. TMZ reported Coleman died of a brain hemorrhage associated with falling and hitting his head.

Coleman (pictured above at Video Games Live in 2005) shot to stardom on Diff'rent Strokes as a 4-foot-8 adult acting in a child's role, popularizing it with his outsize personality and many catch phrases. He found success after the show much more difficult to sustain. Coleman later accepted many roles, promotional appearances and cameos that traded on the ironic appeal of both the show and his character, Arnold Jackson, as well as the failings of the series' three principal child stars.

In addition to his Postal 2 cameo and promotional work, Coleman was also the voice of Kenny Falmouth in The Curse of Monkey Island.

This is a video of Coleman in better days, at the height of Diff'rent Strokes' popularity its fifth season, when the show looked at the new video game craze and tackled the subject of video game addiction.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

He will be missed R.I.P Gary Coleman.

R.I.P Gary

Dupe Thread.

R.I.P. (even though i dont know who he is) we must respect everybody!

Around the Network

I was a big fan of Diff'rent Strokes and Gary was the main reason. It's a shame that he had several problems concerning his health and his money throughout his life.

Watcha talkin' 'bout Willis? is one of the all time great catchphrases.

You will be missed Mr. Coleman.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

I remember watching him in different strokes and I liked his acting. he was really funny as a kid.

RIP Gary.

I just know him from The Simpsons. R.I.P!

Take a look at my photos on flickr

long live Gary Coleman.  a Television Icon

so sad and unfortunate, he was very funny in different strokes, he will be missed

R.I.P Gary Coleman