By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 predictions in Japan next week after Lost Odyssey

hw- 35k
sw-65k

Im curious, alright its clearly obvious blue dragon and lost odyssey are clones of dragon quest and final fantasy. My question is will the japanese refuse to buy it because they view it that ms is buying support and not earning it? Do they get upset when a ps3 exclusive go multiplatform, even if only in the west?

Around the Network

When its developed by the "father of final fantasy" its hard to just call it a clone. In fact I would say all Final FAntasy games not made from him is the real clone. And how did Microsoft pay this off when they helped to develop it? You cant buy off something you helped to create. Thats like saying Sony bought off Ratchet and Clank.

Hw: 35k
Sw: 110k

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 

I will say
Lost O = 145K
VF= 60K
Hardware = 60 K
!!
Big week for MS !!

thibje said:
leo-j said:
thibje said:
leo-j said:
Hardware: 10k

Lost odyseey: 40k
If those numbers will be true I will understand the japanese even less then I thought.
But of course I don't think that will be the case. :p

The xbox wont be saved in japan, no game can help the xbox their.

The 360 doesn't need to be saved because it isn't drowning but it's rising in Japan.
It's doing better year over year and it has some great new IP's like Blue Dragon , Lost Odyssey , Infinite Undiscovery ...

360 rising in Japan, since when? Maybe Microsoft should inform Japan that unless they buy multiplatform games as well, which they haven't done so far, their sales are going to suck balls.

After Lost Odyssey, the 360 has Cry On and Infinite Undiscovery for Japan and that's all and we have no idea when they will be ready for release. In the meantime all multiplatform games greatly boost PS3 sales. I noticed that the 360 never got any increase from PES08 or Musou 5? Probably because Japan simply will not buy multiplatform games on the 360. Not Japan orientated games anyway.

The 360 is dead in Japan, it's sales will never be anything worth noting or caring about. It's funny, before the PS3 dominated November in October I remember reading several posts about how the 360 could challenge the PS3 in Japan...LOLOLOLOL

My Prediction -

Hardware 30k  

Software - 160k (Includes all games released)  

Around the Network

People actually think this will sell better than Blue Dragon in Japan?

250k is insanity. Hardware: Around 35,000 First week sales: 75,000

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

It's hard to predict the Xbox360 in Japan, what are the preorders?

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

eugene said:
When its developed by the "father of final fantasy" its hard to just call it a clone. In fact I would say all Final FAntasy games not made from him is the real clone. And how did Microsoft pay this off when they helped to develop it? You cant buy off something you helped to create. Thats like saying Sony bought off Ratchet and Clank.

You should consider a job with Microsoft PR. It's unbelievably obvious that MS went to Sakaguchi and said: make us one Dragon Quest clone (Blue Dragon) and one Final Fantasy clone (Lost Odyssey), because they thought this would help them in Japan. Just cause he created some Final Fantasy games, doesn't mean he is the only one who can make them....

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

LO will sell better than BD. It's charted on Famitsu Most Wanted for far, far longer.

Same predictions I've had in ages, but lower VF5 #s, and all the other jazz added in:

X360 Hardware: 45,000 Units
Lost Odyssey: 145-150,000 Units
Virtua Fighter 5: 20,000 Units
Atsumare! Pinata Animals: 7,500 Units
Other titles: 30,000 Units.

For refference, the week Blue Dragon launched, 100,000 software units sold total, and only 225,000 hardware units were sold in Japan. That's above a 0.4 Attach Rate increase in 1 week. Insane.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I agree with you mrstick I have +- the same prediction.

X360 Hardware: 40-45,000 Units
Lost Odyssey: 115-125,000 Units
Virtua Fighter 5: 25,000 Units
Atsumare! Pinata Animals: 10,000 Units.

[