By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSN Account Banned! Anybody know of a way to get it unbanned?

Did you call Sony to find out?

Is this the first time you got banned, cause it normally takes a few times before your account is permabanned. I have actually had one person on my Friends List get permabanned, but that was him sexually harassing other PSHome users, multiple times.

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:

Is this the first time you got banned, cause it normally takes a few times before your account is permabanned. I have actually had one person on my Friends List get permabanned, but that was him sexually harassing other PSHome users, multiple times.

Yep, never been banned before. Just gotten lots of hate mail from random douches who took exception to being killed by a dude named RectumHumper.

So you think my account will be re-activated ?  I didn't realize there were temproary bans for this kind of thing.

Either way I will probably contact them about it tomorrow.

Tanstalas said:
Epoch said:
binary solo said:
Your new PSN account ID: far_q_all

I was thinking SonyFuksGoats, but that might end poorly. 

Perhaps I should make a poll of my top choice of new user names and let you guys pick my new one ? I dont want to end up with "UnicornLover" tho.

That's a good idea, but don't make it a poll, ask for new names, I would lose to see what d21lewis comes up with rofl

Ha, maybe I will. I'd probably get soem good responses, just hope I don't end up on the wrong end of the banhammer again.  Seriously weird it took them this long to finally get upset about my username.

Epoch said:
Vetteman94 said:

Yep, never been banned before. Just gotten lots of hate mail from random douches who took exception to being killed by a dude named RectumHumper.

So you think my account will be re-activated ?  I didn't realize there were temproary bans for this kind of thing.

There are temporary bans but they tell you in the email they send you what day your accont will be reactivated.

Vetteman94 said:
Epoch said:
Vetteman94 said:

There are temporary bans but they tell you in the email they send you what day your accont will be reactivated.

I see.  This appears to be of the permanent variety then.

Guess we'll see what they have to say about it tomorrow.  I'll update this if they say anything of value, but I'm imagining they're not going to back down =(

Around the Network
Epoch said:
makingmusic476 said:
I'm surprised you lasted this long, Mr. RectumHumper

LOL, I was sorta surprised myself.  I figured I'd gotten away with it because I'd had it for so long.  Damn Sony finally got me!

My buddy RectalTrauma is probably next on chopping block =(

They aren't offering you a chance to change your name?  When people on Xbox Live get reported for inappropriate names MS makes you change it, but its free.

I don't see why they would perma ban you for an inappropriate name and not let you change it at all.

Well hopefully the don't hate on my name to. As far as Sony's concerned your ID describes the situation a certain 3 letter part of my ID has wrathed upon them this gen. I jest, i I jest. I was surprised that they allow the word Wii though.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

nightsurge said:
Epoch said:
makingmusic476 said:
I'm surprised you lasted this long, Mr. RectumHumper

LOL, I was sorta surprised myself.  I figured I'd gotten away with it because I'd had it for so long.  Damn Sony finally got me!

My buddy RectalTrauma is probably next on chopping block =(

They aren't offering you a chance to change your name?  When people on Xbox Live get reported for inappropriate names MS makes you change it, but its free.

I don't see why they would perma ban you for an inappropriate name and not let you change it at all.

Of course setting up a new PSN account is free, so not much different to changing your name. I dunno if it screws with your online trophy info though.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Vetteman94 said:

Nice friend you have there.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Considering some of shit people say over the headset, I never quite understood why MS and Sony bother with the IDs. I suppose they are easier to monitor though.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256