By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Could Mass Effect numbers be severely undertracked as well?

I just cant get the feeling that such a big game on the 360 did so poorly. Even Bioshock did better and didnt have nearly the hype or the season.

Around the Network

Agreed. If Microsoft's claim of selling software in the vicinity of Wii + PS3, I think both Mass Effect and probably Rock Band were undertracked.

Definately possible. The MGC user tracking for Mass Effect is pretty freaking huge. It's right behind Call of Duty 4 and Halo 3, but ahead of Assassain's Creed.

But like everything else, time will tell. ioi can't go off "ideas" on software sales. However, if the X360 did = Wii/PS3 software (which would probably be around 3m units), we should see Rockband, Call of Duty 4, and Mass Effect a bit higher.

Totally random o/t: I went to Best Buy today and saw 2 guys (mid 20s) buy a X360 Elite and Rockband. I about died. It was $600+

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

ioi - IMO, it's not a big deal. We don't expect perfect accuracy on a week where the whole market goes topsy turvy. Like I said in the other thread(s), Black Friday is an entirely different beast, replete with totally different sales patterns, and trends.

Just wait for more data, and fuller data. It's fine. This site is comprehensive, it doesn't always have to be perfectly on time with 100% accurate data.

But I do agree that the most ME could be off by would be around 20% or so....But at the same time, it could be more if that 2nd retailer sold alot more.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I really really hope so. For my and Biowares sake. If it really has sold poorly, then EA won't get off their backs, and either scrap the franchise or reduce costs.

Around the Network
Dolla Dolla said:
Agreed. If Microsoft's claim of selling software in the vicinity of Wii + PS3, I think both Mass Effect and probably Rock Band were undertracked.

Microsoft did not claim that they outsold the Wii and PS3 combined in software last week.  The Gafer who posted that misread the article.  Here is the quote:

Software sales continue to outpace those of Wii and PS3, with Xbox 360 capturing 54 percent of total software sales at $162 million during October, according to NPD. Wii and PS3 captured 30 percent and 16 percent, respectively.

That's some creative PR work by Microsoft to site last week for hardware but October for software hehe.

Edit: Source http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8148&Itemid=2

i think so, i was in woolworths today (a UK shop) and behind the till i saw they had about 10 kane and Lynch games, around 7-8 Halo 3 games, and 2 Mass Effect games. (my parents bought one of those mass effect copies for me for Christmas ) :)

Too many of my friends have it for the sales to be that low. More have mass effect then assasins creed. Obviously that is a small sample but my friends have been fairly close to what the numbers here show. To be fair mass effect hasn't burn up the amazon.com charts like bioshock, call of duty or even assasins creed. I think ME is just too much game for some people lol.

MS claimed they sold as much software as Wii and PS3 combined on Thanksgiving weekend? Wii software from a lot of picks in America were cleared out haha. I think that's some PR bullshit haha. Guess time will tell but that would mean that i'd have to haver more software available thatn all the Wii ones out there + PS3 software selling pretty poorly. That's really hard to believe.

I think to that mass effect will be the type of game that although it doesnt have that huge punch in sales it will be up there at the top for a long while and before you know it when you look back it has sold quite well. Just my thoughts