By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will there ever be a 3d mario game that isn't star finder mario?

Will there ever be a 3d mario game that isn't star finder mario?

Yes 18 20.00%

No 21 23.33%

That would be the best thing ever 18 20.00%

that would never work 6 6.67%

YOU DARE TAKE AWAY MY EXP... 18 20.00%

other junk answers :b 9 10.00%

Total:90

The 4 (or 5 if you cound sm64 ds) main 3d mario games are very similar to each other while being very different from the 2d mario games. (except maybe yoshi's island). They have basically taken out the fast paced action of the 2d games, and replaced it with puzzle elements. The 3d mario games have more emphasis on exploring the same levels multiple times to find various stars. this underlying gameplay is in all 3d mario games. while they are great games, they lack that fast paced actioney gameplay that made tens of millions love 2d mario. they will never be more succesful than they are now until they do something about this underlying gameplay.

my question is will there ever be a 3d mario platformer thats not starfinder mario? that has many more levels that you only play through once? that has more arcadey gameplay? what would that game look like? could it be done?

just want some discussion.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

Around the Network

3d environments require more disk space to store and man hours to create, Nintendo choose to have multiple stars in each world in 3d Mario because it means they can put huge amounts of detail and thought into each world without meaning that the game takes too long or costs too much to make, and I doubt this will change next gen when Ninty are making HD games

They could do that and I'm interested to see how that would work, but if they keep it how it is now then they can come out with new 2D and 3D Mario games. The same can't be said if they change how the 3D Mario's play.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Super Mario Galaxy was basically a linear flagpole finder like SMW, except the flag was a star.

That's what I got out of it, at least.

Well, if not stars, how would you do it?

I honestly have no idea what would work better.

Around the Network

That's true. Besides, I think it's hard to fully explore the advantages of 3D on a simple "run to the end of the level" way.

Yes, I was wondering that sometime ago. I would really like one.

Or at least with just one star per level!

in 1985 Mario saved a princess

in 2010 same deal

dont expect that much evolution from the series

I think it's inevitable. They're going to try and reconcile the desires of the developers and of the masses who quite clearly favor 2D mario. They're going to extract the magic and put it in 3D

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I hope so