By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - x-box Slim60 rumor = low sales

I'm not the average consumer, but I'm holding off and buying my 360 backup until after E3. I'm worried that my new 120gb HD won't fit a slim.

However, I doubt it is affecting sales.

However, a factual 360 slim will affect sales positively. Particularly if it's bundled with Natal, and doesn't have any lights on the front of it. That would go a long way to dispelling the RRoD fiasco. I think there's some life in the old lady yet.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

I doubt it.  Pretty much nobody knows about the slim rumor, and i imagine that most of the people that have heard are at least somewhat skeptical.....I know I am.

Nah I don't think the rumours are that widespread yet, but I could be wrong. I think low sales are more due to the combination of PS3 gaining momentum as well as Natal coming soon.

A 360 slim would be so sick though. I hope those rumours are true. I might actually re-buy a 360 if a slim comes out.

Nope. The PS3 sales only suffered until after the Slim was announced.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ocean-1984 said:

I was just thinking that, slim x-box rumor could affect recent sales.

What u think?

Hmmm... Not bad name, x-box Slim60, x-box S60.

I higly doubt since the Xbox slim rumor had been largely more restricted compared to the PS3 one

In clear, outside "us", mainstream does not know it ...

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Highly highly doubt it. The Mass market of consumers would have no clue of this rumor which has almost no proof to back it up. Remember the majority of console buyers aren't on internet forums reading these rumors which are doubtfully true.

EyeAmTJ said:
lilc64 said:
Yeah i really dont think news of a possible xbox slim has been heard by consumers, so i'd say sales in other are dropping because people see the ps3 a better deal.

Sike!!

yep !

Time to Work !

if M$ released the slim it will still be overshadowed by the PS3 slim

radha said:
i dont think the rumor has spread enough to have that effect, but i dont like the name.

As far as I know "Slim" is trademarked by Sony so theres no chance in a Xbox 360 slim name. Probably Xbox 360 Lite but I don't know if Nintendo has trademarked that.

That's a pretty lame reason for X360 slowing down in sales WW. The rumor has got nothing to do with it. If a Slim Version is announced at E3 and we see lower sales of X360 WW, then you can jusitfy the low sales with the anticipation of the new model.