By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My 360 died after 2 years... What should I do?

djs said:
Thanx a lot! I'll follow your instructions.

I forgot to ask..

How many red flashing lights do you see?

3 lights is Hardware / power brick

4 lights (complete circle) is most likely the Video Cable and/or HDMI is unplugged.

Also when you turn ON the 360, what color is the power brick? Yellow or Green

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network
sega4life said:
djs said:
Thanx a lot! I'll follow your instructions.

I forgot to ask..

How many red flashing lights do you see?

3 lights is Hardware / power brick

4 lights (complete circle) is most likely the Video Cable and/or HDMI is unplugged.

Also when you turn ON the 360, what color is the power brick? Yellow or Green

I see 3 red lights.

You know what... my 360 just started to work again by itself... I didn't do anything, just tried to start it up again today and it did! Don't know though if it's gonna last. I'll let you know what color is the brick when it fails again. Hope not...

To be more specific, yesterday i was playing forza and suddenly i heard some strange noises from inside and soon after it caused some issues with the picture on the tv. Rebooted it and it was dead.

I don't know man, I am on 360 number 7, in 2.5 years, 5 of them were sent back to MS, and died 4-6 weeks later, After dealing with so much Bull shit from MS, I just decided to take a sleg hammer to it, and try buying another, So I did it lasted a few months, The last time it died , I went on youtube and watched several videos on fixing myself, bought the stuff I needed, bought some stuff off of EBAY, and fixed myself, so far so good, its lasted longer then any MS has fixed, and I dont understand, My PS3 is original 3 years old, no problems, my PS2 is 9 years old never a problem, even my PS1 still works fine, PSP, fine, every other console I have owned never had a problem, only my 360s, so maybe try fixing yourself. Good Luck.

dirkd2323 said:
I don't know man, I am on 360 number 7, in 2.5 years, 5 of them were sent back to MS, and died 4-6 weeks later, After dealing with so much Bull shit from MS, I just decided to take a sleg hammer to it, and try buying another, So I did it lasted a few months, The last time it died , I went on youtube and watched several videos on fixing myself, bought the stuff I needed, bought some stuff off of EBAY, and fixed myself, so far so good, its lasted longer then any MS has fixed, and I dont understand, My PS3 is original 3 years old, no problems, my PS2 is 9 years old never a problem, even my PS1 still works fine, PSP, fine, every other console I have owned never had a problem, only my 360s, so maybe try fixing yourself. Good Luck.

360 number 7?

You've got quite a luck man... And will to insist buying them...

Do what I did.

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

Around the Network
dirkd2323 said:

Wow, your PS history is extremely lucky and your Xbox history is extremely unlucky.

PS2's had crazy high failure rates, especially with disc drives.  It seems like everyone I know that has an original PS3 has now had it break on them.  Almost all of those were YLOD and a few were disk drive failures.  All of them were outside of warranty, too.  It's like Sony managed to make a system that would break after a certain amount of time to get rid of all the backwards compatible units and to rake in money on repair costs.

As for your 360 woes, that's crazy unlucky.  I had one RRoD, got it back from MS repair and has been working fine again for the last 2.5 years.